May 28th 19 2:03 am
Posts: 2
Joined: May 28th 19 1:41 am

Vintage Tea Set... Yixing?

by FabFindsGentlerTimes » May 28th 19 2:03 am

Greetings from New Brunswick, Canada!

I'm really new to this and quite intrigued to know anything about this vintage tea set I recently acquired. I'm guessing by the case that this set is circa 1940s - 50s. Would be this Yixing? I took a photo of the hallmark and apologize if the orientation is wrong.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Michelle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

May 28th 19 4:48 pm
Posts: 195
Joined: Dec 2nd 10 3:53 am
Location: CA
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Vintage Tea Set... Yixing?

by Zared » May 28th 19 4:48 pm

This is definitely modern. Looks like low end slip cast pot by CCCI brand.

May 28th 19 8:48 pm
Posts: 2
Joined: May 28th 19 1:41 am

Re: Vintage Tea Set... Yixing?

by FabFindsGentlerTimes » May 28th 19 8:48 pm

Zared wrote: This is definitely modern. Looks like low end slip cast pot by CCCI brand.
What do you mean by modern? For sure the case is vintage which looks, to me, like 40s or 50s.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jun 4th 19 2:38 pm
Posts: 195
Joined: Dec 2nd 10 3:53 am
Location: CA
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Vintage Tea Set... Yixing?

by Zared » Jun 4th 19 2:38 pm

FabFindsGentlerTimes wrote:
Zared wrote: This is definitely modern. Looks like low end slip cast pot by CCCI brand.
What do you mean by modern? For sure the case is vintage which looks, to me, like 40s or 50s.
That packing is very clean/white inside for being 60-80 years old. Even if was that old that still doesn’t mean the teapot is that old. Yixing clay from 40-50s doesn’t look like this. Inside would be rough with clear signs of being fully handmade. It’s also not F1 so can’t be older than early 80’s. Clay and design is inline with late 90’s or newer

User avatar
Jun 5th 19 7:43 pm
Posts: 123
Joined: Jun 24th 11 7:25 am
Location: Slovakia, Hungary

Re: Vintage Tea Set... Yixing?

by TuoChaTea » Jun 5th 19 7:43 pm

FabFindsGentlerTimes wrote: Greetings from New Brunswick, Canada!

I'm really new to this and quite intrigued to know anything about this vintage tea set I recently acquired. I'm guessing by the case that this set is circa 1940s - 50s. Would be this Yixing? I took a photo of the hallmark and apologize if the orientation is wrong.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Michelle
Looks like new low quality tourist pot. Definitely not older than 10 years.

User avatar
Oct 18th 19 9:08 pm
Posts: 721
Joined: Feb 12th 13 9:21 pm
Location: South Bronx, NYC

Re: Vintage Tea Set... Yixing?

by futurebird » Oct 18th 19 9:08 pm

It could easily be older than 10 years. 10 years ago was 2000. This set could be from the 90s or 80s.

I do agree that it's a display (tourist) pot.

It's very pristine. Never been used at all. Very large more western style tea set ... but then there have been exports in this style since at least the Chicago World's fair.

(but this isn't that old.)

I think some of ya'll are down on this set because it isn't great for the current drinking style: small teapot very plain...

Oct 19th 19 5:00 pm
Posts: 195
Joined: Dec 2nd 10 3:53 am
Location: CA
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Vintage Tea Set... Yixing?

by Zared » Oct 19th 19 5:00 pm

futurebird wrote: It could easily be older than 10 years. 10 years ago was 2000. This set could be from the 90s or 80s.

I do agree that it's a display (tourist) pot.

It's very pristine. Never been used at all. Very large more western style tea set ... but then there have been exports in this style since at least the Chicago World's fair.

(but this isn't that old.)

I think some of ya'll are down on this set because it isn't great for the current drinking style: small teapot very plain...
80’s? Not likely

This style of base seal is commonly found on CCCI yixing which has only been around since 1995 or 96. Here’s 2 examples of early 2000’s from CCCI.

Reason I’m down on this pot is because it is the kind of set you find in Asian themed gift shops. It’s fine if someone wants to collect pots like this.

I own lots of large ornate pots btw but only vintage or antique ones which I feel have more collection value.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.