Jul 19th 19 6:37 pm

Tourist Junk or interesting yixing teapot art?

by Qidjm » Jul 19th 19 6:37 pm

Hi all still new as just found this awesome site/resource! Learning a lot, thank you :D
I found some teapots and curious if they are tourist junk or ok real artist markings. Hoping someone is still interested to share their expert advise so I know if I pay too much or too little :lol:
Here is the pictures of markings and also a brass teapot at the end which I know nothing about. Can you even make tea in a brass teapot? Would you want to drink it? lol
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmFgQwwW

Jul 23rd 19 7:53 am

Re: Tourist Junk or interesting yixing teapot art?

by TEAMOOD » Jul 23rd 19 7:53 am

Qidjm wrote: Hi all still new as just found this awesome site/resource! Learning a lot, thank you :D
I found some teapots and curious if they are tourist junk or ok real artist markings. Hoping someone is still interested to share their expert advise so I know if I pay too much or too little :lol:
Here is the pictures of markings and also a brass teapot at the end which I know nothing about. Can you even make tea in a brass teapot? Would you want to drink it? lol
Hi Qidjm,

Maybe attaching the photos of the teapots directly?
Sorry, here I can`t get access to the link and can`t provide you any advice.

Joe

Jul 23rd 19 8:36 am

by Spanky » Jul 23rd 19 8:36 am

I would not buy those. The clay does not look good and at least one of them looks so bad I would not drink out of it.

Jul 24th 19 12:19 am

by Qidjm » Jul 24th 19 12:19 am

Spanky wrote: I would not buy those. The clay does not look good and at least one of them looks so bad I would not drink out of it.
I think you just saved me some $$$ Xie xie nin!

Jul 24th 19 12:47 am

by Qidjm » Jul 24th 19 12:47 am

Qidjm wrote: Hi all still new as just found this awesome site/resource! Learning a lot, thank you :D
5 tourist junk teapots.jpg
2 of 5 tourist junk teapots.jpg
3 of 5 tourist junk teapots.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jul 24th 19 12:54 am

by Qidjm » Jul 24th 19 12:54 am

TEAMOOD wrote:
Hi Qidjm,

Joe
3baijiu.jpg
2baijiu.jpg
1baijiu.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jul 24th 19 1:05 am

by Qidjm » Jul 24th 19 1:05 am

TEAMOOD wrote:
Hi Qidjm,

Joe
Thank you Joe! I will try (apologies to moderators if I post incorrectly or too many - please let me know if this is the case).

Jul 24th 19 1:34 am

by Qidjm » Jul 24th 19 1:34 am

TEAMOOD wrote:
Hi Qidjm,

Joe

Jul 24th 19 2:38 am

by TEAMOOD » Jul 24th 19 2:38 am

Hi Qidjm,
I tried to get seeing the photos.
I suggest not using them for brewing tea (photo 1-5 show the wares are of very poor quality of material and poor craft skills made with).

I would not call it Yixing zisha teapot, it is damaging the image of it in front of guests like you. Very sorry.

Other photos, I don't know and I won't judge if real or not.
For collections, you can try your luck with them.
For brewing teas, I suggest getting some real zisha (whether modern ones or not). Modern ones doesn't need to be new designs, they can also be of classical ancient designs.

You can see my posted 2 groups of zisha teapots. As a local grown of Yixing, I'm using that types too.

Joe

Jul 27th 19 6:31 pm

by imkvn » Jul 27th 19 6:31 pm

TEAMOOD wrote:
Hi Qidjm,

Joe
I'm pretty sure you can brew in the pot, but overall it's a decorative piece.

Aug 2nd 19 1:34 am

by bagua7 » Aug 2nd 19 1:34 am

I would store gun powder in those pots. Scary stuff. The last one with all those mould marks...yuck!