Nov 23rd 19 11:52 pm

Funny shape, but how old is this pot?

by Mark-S » Nov 23rd 19 11:52 pm

Hi,

I have seen a funny looking teapot in a local store for VERY little money. The seller told me that he would not know any details about it, so I used Google and found this:

https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/6715984 ... iginal-log

The seller from Etsy claims that this pot is from 1910. This seems bogus to me, but what do you think? :lol: Is the clay at least ok? It looks strange to me. Maybe, I will buy this for decoration only.

Regards,
Mark

Nov 26th 19 5:04 am

Re: Funny shape, but how old is this pot?

by DailyTX » Nov 26th 19 5:04 am

Mark-S wrote: Hi,

I have seen a funny looking teapot in a local store for VERY little money. The seller told me that he would not know any details about it, so I used Google and found this:

https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/6715984 ... iginal-log

The seller from Etsy claims that this pot is from 1910. This seems bogus to me, but what do you think? :lol: Is the clay at least ok? It looks strange to me. Maybe, I will buy this for decoration only.

Regards,
Mark
That teapot looks artificially made old on the outside. I probably wouldn't trust the clay because it's unglazed so whatever on the outside will probably get in.

Nov 27th 19 10:02 am

Re: Funny shape, but how old is this pot?

by Teasenz » Nov 27th 19 10:02 am

Mark-S wrote: The seller from Etsy claims that this pot is from 1910. This seems bogus to me, but what do you think? :lol: Is the clay at least ok? It looks strange to me. Maybe, I will buy this for decoration only.
This looks quite cool. I suspect the outside has some kind of coating. I can't say much about the clay or how old it is, but definitely not 1910. For decoration I think 66$ is a fair price.