Jun 12th, '15, 15:23

Re: Electric Kettles

by Curly » Jun 12th, '15, 15:23

Sorry you got a lemon. I haven't had any problems at all.

Aug 7th, '15, 02:28
Location: meditation center in Malaysia (from 2 July to New Year 2018 at least) but on the way to KL on 29 Jun

by the_winding_path » Aug 7th, '15, 02:28

coming from the coffee side of brewing, I have used and tested some different var temp kettles. I personally found the Bonavita to be the nicest and most convenient esp with the settings on the base and not the kettle. I personally didn't like the pour of any gooseneck as even with the lid slightly ajar they always had a glugging action and never poured smoothly. Maybe just be me but Having used a ChefMate Smartkettle for a couple years I could pour very easily and controlled with the normal stubby spout better than the gooseneck. I removed the stubby spout's plastic screen and housing pretty easily and it is much cheaper than any other var temp kettle too. It is the kettle I sold to customers for two years without any returns or problems.

Dec 24th, '15, 22:42

by TimHess81 » Dec 24th, '15, 22:42

This thread has been cool awhile, so let's see if I can reboil :D I am interested in an electric kettle and infused combo, but don't want to shell out the $250 for the Breville. I'd rather spent it on tea! I found this on Amazon and wondered if others had experience with it or advice?

Chefman: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V9L ... 3N4DBYNMWC

Dec 24th, '15, 23:40

by CWarren » Dec 24th, '15, 23:40

EDITED
Last edited by CWarren on Feb 6th, '16, 02:26, edited 1 time in total.

Dec 25th, '15, 01:05

by pizzapotamus » Dec 25th, '15, 01:05

Well it does say the basket comes out so you could bring the water to temp and then put the basket in and/or remove the basket to avoid oversteeping if you weren't emptying the kettle right away(though it would probably be quite hot) so as long as you're looking for 1.5 litres of tea it sounds like it would work fine.

Of course these days I'd call 1/5 of a litre a large brew :P so I'd not be making use of the infuser basket

Jan 6th, '22, 05:02

by gabriellehunter » Jan 6th, '22, 05:02

I would like some opinion on electric kettles . I would like a single vessel system but am not sure if I need the pump or not . I have read many complaints about temp inconsistency so that bothers me some . I do have a bag that I would probably use , but wouldn’t if I could get good results without . Thanks

Jan 22nd, '22, 19:12

by gabriellehunter » Jan 22nd, '22, 19:12

gabriellehunter wrote: I would like some opinion on electric kettles . I would like a single vessel system but am not sure if I need the pump or not . I have read many complaints about temp inconsistency so that bothers me some . I do have a bag that I would probably use , but wouldn’t if I could get good results without . Thanks
no response.

Jan 24th, '22, 16:10

by Bridgette » Jan 24th, '22, 16:10

gabriellehunter wrote:
gabriellehunter wrote: I would like some opinion on electric kettles . I would like a single vessel system but am not sure if I need the pump or not . I have read many complaints about temp inconsistency so that bothers me some . I do have a bag that I would probably use , but wouldn’t if I could get good results without . Thanks
no response.
I would recommend Lardera's new Electric Smart Kettle. It's fast and easy, and there's no pump to worry about getting clogged/breaking down.
Adagio Online Community Manager

+ Post Reply