Mar 20th, '17, 04:56

Grandmothers old habits

by CuppaJosh » Mar 20th, '17, 04:56

Hello Tea Chat forum,

I am over the moon I have found this forum! My grandmother will be even happier if I can get her a good cup of tea again. She is an old school lady that likes her tea her way. Ever since I was a small boy she has had the same stove top kettle that whistles away when it's finished boiling. Now I'm not sure if it's my grandmother's old age or if she is actually on to something? but ever since her old stove top kettle broke she has been complaining and complaining that the tea doesn't taste the same anymore. I'm hoping you guys can help me out with this. I will place a picture of the same kind of kettle she had before if you guys know where I could get one it would be great.

There is only one thing my beautiful Grandmother asks for and that is a good cup of tea. After the long life she's had I believe that she deserves that perfect cup of tea everytime.

Any suggestions that will put a smile back on her face are welcome guys! Really looking forward to speaking with you all and getting my Grandmother back on the tea train!

Thanks

Mar 20th, '17, 08:57

Re: Grandmothers old habits

by Bok » Mar 20th, '17, 08:57

Fleamarkets?
Ebay?
Should be loads and loads on ebay...

I got one not dissimilar to yours on a little fleamarket in London. 10 pounds!

Mar 21st, '17, 03:23

by CuppaJosh » Mar 21st, '17, 03:23

Bok wrote: Fleamarkets?
Ebay?
Should be loads and loads on ebay...

I got one not dissimilar to yours on a little flea market in London. 10 pounds!
Does it have some sort of special name or will stove top kettle do the job?? I keep finding all these modern teapots and my grandmother just won't do it hahaha.

Fleamarket is also a great idea

Thanks for the reply

Mar 21st, '17, 13:11

by Psyck » Mar 21st, '17, 13:11

CuppaJosh wrote: Does it have some sort of special name or will stove top kettle do the job?? ...
Searching for "copper and brass kettle" should work.

Mar 21st, '17, 23:12

by CuppaJosh » Mar 21st, '17, 23:12

Well that was a lot easier than expected!! I have already found one on the site below that looks beautiful and is just what my Grandmother is looking for! It's all about the wording when searching for items....
http://www.used.forsale/copper-tea-kettle
Thanks for your help guys

Mar 22nd, '17, 00:18

by Bok » Mar 22nd, '17, 00:18

Glad we could help!

+ Post Reply