Apr 6th, '17, 10:29

Re: Stainless steel question

by MegaSeeker » Apr 6th, '17, 10:29

I wish I had found this discussion before I bought my VonShef teapot. I loved the look and the fact that it's unbreakable, since I wanted to use it at work. Unfortunately, all of my lovely Adagio teas get tainted when I brew in this stainless steel pot. I heat the water in an electric kettle then brew in the VonShef (which holds six cups to last me all day!) and keep it on a mug warmer to enjoy nice and hot at leisure. But, no matter what tea I brew (pu erh, lapsang souchong, irish breakfast), they all develop an "off" taste. I will take it home and try a good scouring, and do some further experimenting at home. I hope I can figure it out because it's really a lovely pot! :cry:
Last edited by Emily@Adagio on Apr 6th, '17, 11:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This topic has been split to keep the conversation current and relevant. It was originally a reply to a 9 year old post.

Apr 6th, '17, 15:31

by debunix » Apr 6th, '17, 15:31

This split removes the context of the post, which was replying to something. This post by itself is unanswerable. Old posts are not necessarily irrelevant.

Apr 6th, '17, 15:34
Adagio
Scrolling: scrolling

by Emily@Adagio » Apr 6th, '17, 15:34

debunix wrote: This split removes the context of the post, which was replying to something. This post by itself is unanswerable. Old posts are not necessarily irrelevant.
From the "Tea Chat Etiquette (Rules)" post:
"5. Please do not reply to posts more than a year old in date. If you find yourself interested in the topic, feel free to create a new one. We want to keep the conversation current and relevant."

Apr 6th, '17, 18:35

by victoria3 » Apr 6th, '17, 18:35

Emily@Adagio wrote:
debunix wrote: This split removes the context of the post, which was replying to something. This post by itself is unanswerable. Old posts are not necessarily irrelevant.
From the "Tea Chat Etiquette (Rules)" post:
"5. Please do not reply to posts more than a year old in date. If you find yourself interested in the topic, feel free to create a new one. We want to keep the conversation current and relevant."
Sometimes reviving an old post makes a lot of sense. I don't think these rules were meant to be black and white.

+ Post Reply