Jan 11th, '06, 20:14

Dishwashing IngenuiTEA

by Muadeeb » Jan 11th, '06, 20:14

Hi,

I just got my first order from Adagio a couple days ago, and got the 32oz. InenuiTEA pot. As I was putting it in the dishwasher, I reralized that I couldn't put it in upside down like a mug since it has a lid, and it won't drain if I just put it in right-side up. Does the lid come off? It doesn't seem removeable and I don't want to force it. Also, how do I know if it has the removeable mesh or not?

Thanks,

Michael

Jan 11th, '06, 21:53

by Marlene » Jan 11th, '06, 21:53

I don't think they've updated the 32 ouncer yet. But here's an easy test. Is the base black or clear? Black, it's the older model, clear, the newer.
So, with the older model, the lid is not removeable. I would personaly recomend not dishwashing it. It's dishwasher safe, but it's a pain in the....rear end any how. It's fairly simple to keep clean. When you are finished with the leaves, dump them out in the trash and rinse the remaining leaves out immedietly. Then wipe the inside with a paper towel. If you do that, it should remain clean for a long time. Once it does start to get gunky looking, oxyclean gets the stains out pronto.
Hope I've helped
Marlene
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

Jan 11th, '06, 21:55

by LavenderPekoe » Jan 11th, '06, 21:55

Only the smaller ones have the mesh that pops right off. They have a clear bottom. There are instructions around here somewhere about how to clean the older models.
Teas for trade:

+ Post Reply