Apr 29th, '09, 10:43

by Mr Wigster » Apr 29th, '09, 10:43

I have the Adagio: ingenuiTEA

http://www.adagio.com/teaware/ingenuiTE ... aab5b06b32

I would certainly recommend it.
I found it of high quality, and does exactly what it should.

The only one downside I have found is the leftover leaves are a little tricky to get out, banging the bottom will make most of the leaves fall out, but usually have to swill the container with water to remove the last few. (Though I suppose all tea pots/infusers will be like this).

Apr 29th, '09, 11:23

Re: Practical tea solution for office.. (gongfu art teapot)

by teashionista » Apr 29th, '09, 11:23

cgencer wrote:I saw this on a webpage, and wondering if anyone has tried it ?
http://www.grandtea.com/Glass-Small-Kon ... p-294.html
I was looking at this pot as well. What's holding me back is the fact that the brewing insert is made of plastic :(

I'm using a mug with a huge infuser basket (Forlife brand). I've given up on trying to approximate gong fu at the office, and decided to stick with greens/blacks. If I had a permanent office (I travel a lot for work), I would probably go for a small bamboo tray with a gaiwan (dreams, dreams) :D

Apr 29th, '09, 12:16

by Janine » Apr 29th, '09, 12:16

cgencer wrote:I saw this on a webpage, and wondering if anyone has tried it ?
http://www.grandtea.com/Glass-Small-Kon ... p-294.html
I bought one of these from the Tea Gallery and it has really served me well. I use it when traveling, and the little infuser/gaiwan-type device was really handy (I used it with a cup because I didn't bring along the glass pot, afraid it would break).

The glass pot I constantly use at home for taking my brews from kitchen to desk while I work. I haven't ever gotten as much use out of anything I can think of.

Apr 29th, '09, 13:40

by Janine » Apr 29th, '09, 13:40

Hi cgencer,

It sort of works as if the top part is a gaiwan that has a flow-valve on the bottom that's opened when you press the button. Leave the glass pot empty, put your tea and then boiling water in the plastic insert. When it's brewed enough, you push the button and the water flows into the glass pot. So, the water from the plastic "infuser" only goes into the glass pot when it's steeped as you'd like it. It's kind of a gaiwan shape so it reminds me of a gaiwan. It also is not huge: it will brew about 6-8 oz if I were to guess.

The glass pot holds more liquid, and I use it as a pitcher at home. I will infuse fairly large steepings (about 2 cups in size) in another glass pot in which leaves are free to swirl, then when the brew is ready I transfer the tea into the glass pitcher and bring it to my desk. This way I control my brew but I also have enough to last me awhile while I work. I love this glass pot as a pitcher; it's very useful for me.

As I said, I use the plastic infuser for traveling. It works well in a function in place of gaiwan, just because I don't want to take a porcelain object with me traveling.

Apr 30th, '09, 11:09

by Luthier » Apr 30th, '09, 11:09

i bought this when i was in China

sadly the infuser basket is plastic :(

my cam cant focus :oops:

i haven't actually used it though. i have friends who owns the glass ones. taste turned out ok with smell n such but there was still something missin' though. i was just not sure what was it. oh well, unless you have a portable gaiwan sets.

Apr 30th, '09, 11:15

by thanks » Apr 30th, '09, 11:15

May 1st, '09, 08:50
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 1st, '09, 08:50

I have always used a kyusu, having access to a "kitchen" sink helps though.

A cheap interior glazed one can be used for almost any tea without concern of flavor crossover.

May 4th, '09, 23:45

by oldmanteapot » May 4th, '09, 23:45

I keep a Gaiwan and a canister of LiuPau in the office for daily consumption. :)

Cheers!

Nov 19th, '19, 21:40

Re: Practical tea solution for office.. (gongfu art teapot)

by Ludovitche » Nov 19th, '19, 21:40

Kamjove TP-120, infuser is 90ml.
Can be bought in many places.

But quite a few places sell the bigger one (Kamjove TP-160, or the equivalent in other brand like Sapa), which is big for a single person gongfu session.
To buy the small version I had to go online : https://yunnansourcing.com/products/kam ... -mug-200ml

+ Post Reply