User avatar
Nov 2nd 16 7:42 am
Posts: 5916
Joined: Jan 10th 10 9:04 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII

by debunix » Nov 2nd 16 7:42 am

Very goblet-like and quite lovely.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Nov 2nd 16 11:59 am
Vendor Member
Posts: 3133
Joined: Aug 28th 12 12:12 pm
Location: Hong Kong

Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII

by jayinhk » Nov 2nd 16 11:59 am

Thanks, I really like them! Going to try them with baijiu some time! :)

User avatar
Nov 30th 16 8:03 am
Posts: 814
Joined: Nov 13th 12 6:49 pm
Location: santa monica, california, usa

Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII

by victoria3 » Nov 30th 16 8:03 am

I just got this amazing yunomi made by Akira Satake. It is a work of art with real presence and feels perfect to hold and drink from. I was looking for a new cup with strong character to pair with Hua Ying Chen's roasted oolongs and this is it!...He is from Osaka now living in Asheville, North Carolina. A master of his craft. To see some of his other work; http://akirasatake.com/

Akira Satake Yunomi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Nov 30th 16 6:08 pm
Posts: 594
Joined: Dec 13th 10 7:04 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII

by hopeofdawn » Nov 30th 16 6:08 pm

Wow--that's definitely a cup with a lot of character! It looks like it was carved out of a piece of marble or slate.

User avatar
Dec 1st 16 1:12 am
Vendor Member
Posts: 3133
Joined: Aug 28th 12 12:12 pm
Location: Hong Kong

Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII

by jayinhk » Dec 1st 16 1:12 am

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNbUyRrhNOy/

Got this neiziwaihong shuiping (125ml) and a lidded cup yesterday, both 80s Factory 1. The lidded cup made my day as I'd never seen one before and it was good value! Going to use it for shu pu and traditional storage sheng. The neiziwaihong is a backup to one I already use for oolongs. Probably my favorite pot/clay combo for Wuyicha and high fire TGYs.

User avatar
Dec 1st 16 6:16 pm
Posts: 814
Joined: Nov 13th 12 6:49 pm
Location: santa monica, california, usa

Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII

by victoria3 » Dec 1st 16 6:16 pm

hopeofdawn wrote:Wow--that's definitely a cup with a lot of character! It looks like it was carved out of a piece of marble or slate.
Yes chiseled with a machete. Jackson Pollock too. I'll have to take more pictures. The yunomi has splashes of occasional silver reflective glaze, most noticeably inside the bottom of cup. A nice surprise.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
Dec 5th 16 12:58 pm
Posts: 54
Joined: Feb 14th 14 10:56 pm

Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII

by Sasameyuki » Dec 5th 16 12:58 pm

victoria3 wrote:
hopeofdawn wrote:Wow--that's definitely a cup with a lot of character! It looks like it was carved out of a piece of marble or slate.
Yes chiseled with a machete. Jackson Pollock too. I'll have to take more pictures. The yunomi has splashes of occasional silver reflective glaze, most noticeably inside the bottom of cup. A nice surprise.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Very beautiful indeed!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Dec 5th 16 9:21 pm
Posts: 814
Joined: Nov 13th 12 6:49 pm
Location: santa monica, california, usa

Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII

by victoria3 » Dec 5th 16 9:21 pm

Sasameyuki wrote:
victoria3 wrote:
hopeofdawn wrote:Wow--that's definitely a cup with a lot of character! It looks like it was carved out of a piece of marble or slate.
Yes chiseled with a machete. Jackson Pollock too. I'll have to take more pictures. The yunomi has splashes of occasional silver reflective glaze, most noticeably inside the bottom of cup. A nice surprise.
Very beautiful indeed!
If you are interested, Akira is having a holiday sale starting tonight 8pm EST just go to his website and use code:holidaysale

User avatar
Dec 6th 16 2:13 am
Posts: 5916
Joined: Jan 10th 10 9:04 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII

by debunix » Dec 6th 16 2:13 am

Love the ruby drip down one crevasse....reminds me of the Eiichi Rock yunomi.

User avatar
Dec 6th 16 2:17 am
Posts: 814
Joined: Nov 13th 12 6:49 pm
Location: santa monica, california, usa

Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII

by victoria3 » Dec 6th 16 2:17 am

debunix wrote:Love the ruby drip down one crevasse....reminds me of the Eiichi Rock yunomi.
Is that your powerful black chiseled piece? I'd like to see that one again, it's fantastic.

User avatar
Dec 6th 16 2:27 am
Posts: 5916
Joined: Jan 10th 10 9:04 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII

by debunix » Dec 6th 16 2:27 am

victoria3 wrote:
debunix wrote:Love the ruby drip down one crevasse....reminds me of the Eiichi Rock yunomi.
Is that your powerful black chiseled piece? I'd like to see that one again, it's fantastic.
Are you thinking of this one

Image

Or this one?

Image

User avatar
Dec 6th 16 2:30 am
Posts: 814
Joined: Nov 13th 12 6:49 pm
Location: santa monica, california, usa

Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII

by victoria3 » Dec 6th 16 2:30 am

debunix wrote:
victoria3 wrote:
debunix wrote:Love the ruby drip down one crevasse....reminds me of the Eiichi Rock yunomi.
Is that your powerful black chiseled piece? I'd like to see that one again, it's fantastic.
Are you thinking of this one

Image

Or this one?

Image
Yes the second black one, what a rough and tumble rascal! Intense form. Darkness. Who made it?

User avatar
Dec 6th 16 5:21 pm
Posts: 5916
Joined: Jan 10th 10 9:04 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII

by debunix » Dec 6th 16 5:21 pm

Mark Smalley. He's fredzepp on Flickr. I follow him there and and had seen this one in clay and loved it, and asked to reserve it after firing. It is a bit tricky to drink from due to shape, so it does double duty as an occasional vase.

He has a site on the U.K. version of Etsy.

User avatar
Dec 19th 16 10:28 pm
Posts: 814
Joined: Nov 13th 12 6:49 pm
Location: santa monica, california, usa

Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII

by victoria3 » Dec 19th 16 10:28 pm

Traveling with a masterfully crafted teacup by Seifu Yohei III, perfectly balanced, deceptively simple. So elegant, it elevates tea drinking to new levels. The porcelain is light, the proportions perfectly fit the hand, the glaze like nothing I've tried before. It happens to fit inside O-Cha's shibo nicely. It is a perfect counterpoint to Akira Satake's bold machete slashed cup. Sipping Chen Hau Ying's Medium Roasted Hundred Garden Fall Oolong. A generous gift from kyarazen. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by victoria3 on Dec 26th 16 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dec 20th 16 4:20 pm
Posts: 594
Joined: Dec 13th 10 7:04 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII

by hopeofdawn » Dec 20th 16 4:20 pm

Wow--lovely teaware and lovely photo! Very zen!