Sep 22nd, '13, 13:09

Re: NEW! Official Teaware of the Day!

by AdamMY » Sep 22nd, '13, 13:09

debunix wrote:Kato Koshin kyusu, from Artistic Nippon. I have been watching his stuff for a while, and this one has such a lovely graceful profile

Pleasing contrast between the smooth and the rough finishes

The transaction was easy & quick too. Very satisfying.

Looks great Debunix!

Sep 22nd, '13, 18:10

by NPE » Sep 22nd, '13, 18:10

AdamMY wrote: Looks great Debunix!
+1000! The colours are wonderful :shock:

Sep 22nd, '13, 19:36

by Poohblah » Sep 22nd, '13, 19:36

I think the colors are mostly a reflection of the sky and trees...

Not to say that it isn't an amazing kyusu :mrgreen:

Sep 26th, '13, 06:34

by sebpassion » Sep 26th, '13, 06:34

lovely koshin kyusu, debunix. i really like his style.

today i combined my mizuno hiroshi kyusu with one of my shibuya eichi yunomis. the tea is fukamushi super premium from hibiki-an

have a nice day, everyone!

sebpassion
IMG_1950 - Kopie.JPG
IMG_1950 - Kopie.JPG (69.95 KiB) Viewed 2278 times
IMG_1955 - Kopie.JPG
IMG_1955 - Kopie.JPG (37.84 KiB) Viewed 2278 times

Sep 27th, '13, 21:36

by 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Sep 27th, '13, 21:36

I bought these two Petr Novak pot and cup sets some time back but have not made time to share them.

The first is a 120 ml kyusu, glazed inside and out. It pours an extremely smooth/even stream (4 sec. pour). Seeing it for the first time I was drawn to its shape and its subtle layers of unique glazing. Indoors it appears more brown with red highlights. In the sunlight the layers and colors erupt. The pot is medium thickness. I've been wanting to purchase more glazed artisan teaware but it is at times difficult to find less reactive vessels when looking for artisan pots. The three cups are thinner walled and all differ in their pattern and each has its own personality to accompany the pot. I find the kyusu to be unique among Petr's work and have come to enjoy the piece very much.

Indoor close up of the glaze:

The second piece is medium to thick walled, glazed inside and out, 150ml, and is a very subtle almost 空/簡單 piece; I enjoy it for its simple austerity. It brews tea remarkably well and is the pot I pour most these days, specifically if a friend is coming to sit for tea. The three cups are thicker walled and also understated and yet both the cups and the pot have wonderful crazing throughout the glaze.

Blessings!

Dec 7th, '13, 20:06

by Poohblah » Dec 7th, '13, 20:06

It is dark and very cold here. Temperatures around 10˚F in the day and well into the negatives at night. Here is today's green tea setup:
Kyusu is from a brand new, recently received Petr Novák tea set. I'll get around to taking/posting pictures of it some time soon.

Dec 7th, '13, 21:33

by debunix » Dec 7th, '13, 21:33

Sweet set.

Dec 8th, '13, 11:17

by Teaism » Dec 8th, '13, 11:17

Poohblah wrote:It is dark and very cold here. Temperatures around 10˚F in the day and well into the negatives at night. Here is today's green tea setup:
Kyusu is from a brand new, recently received Petr Novák tea set. I'll get around to taking/posting pictures of it some time soon.
Congrats! Beautiful set. I love Petr work but somehow you all are fast to grab the perfect pieces. I better stalk him.... His works are really great and evoke high level of artistry. (I am in the design industry :wink: )

Cheers!

Dec 8th, '13, 11:24

by yalokinh » Dec 8th, '13, 11:24

茶藝-TeaArt08 wrote:I bought these two Petr Novak pot and cup sets some time back but have not made time to share them.

The first is a 120 ml kyusu, glazed inside and out. It pours an extremely smooth/even stream (4 sec. pour). Seeing it for the first time I was drawn to its shape and its subtle layers of unique glazing. Indoors it appears more brown with red highlights. In the sunlight the layers and colors erupt. The pot is medium thickness. I've been wanting to purchase more glazed artisan teaware but it is at times difficult to find less reactive vessels when looking for artisan pots. The three cups are thinner walled and all differ in their pattern and each has its own personality to accompany the pot. I find the kyusu to be unique among Petr's work and have come to enjoy the piece very much.

Indoor close up of the glaze:

The second piece is medium to thick walled, glazed inside and out, 150ml, and is a very subtle almost 空/簡單 piece; I enjoy it for its simple austerity. It brews tea remarkably well and is the pot I pour most these days, specifically if a friend is coming to sit for tea. The three cups are thicker walled and also understated and yet both the cups and the pot have wonderful crazing throughout the glaze.

Blessings!

I remember seeing that black and white one somewhere, or at least something like it. Its fun to see it on teachat. thanks for sharing.
I wish I could put my new teastuff up, but my camera broke. one day....

Dec 14th, '13, 13:34

by AdamMY » Dec 14th, '13, 13:34

This is only part of my teaware used today. But I will do a separate non photo post for the second bunch of tea I've had today. This mornings mix and match Sencha to finish off some bags I had laying around.

Sencha Mix on a Snowy Saturday (2) by Adam Yusko, on Flickr

Dec 15th, '13, 13:38

by Peacock » Dec 15th, '13, 13:38

AdamMY wrote:This is only part of my teaware used today. But I will do a separate non photo post for the second bunch of tea I've had today. This mornings mix and match Sencha to finish off some bags I had laying around.

Where's the snow? ;)

Dec 15th, '13, 14:56

by AdamMY » Dec 15th, '13, 14:56

Peacock wrote:
AdamMY wrote:This is only part of my teaware used today. But I will do a separate non photo post for the second bunch of tea I've had today. This mornings mix and match Sencha to finish off some bags I had laying around.

Where's the snow? ;)

I could take a picture of the outside, but pretty much everything is whiter than the table in the picture...

Dec 24th, '13, 18:16

by debunix » Dec 24th, '13, 18:16

From this morning's session of Alishan oolong, enjoyed from my Eiichi yunomi, brewed in a Koshin kyusu, and accompanied by some lemon blossoms thinned from my overly ambitious lemon twig (floated in a Petr Novak chawan that handles the blooms as gracefully as it does tea).

Jan 25th, '14, 15:47
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 25th, '14, 15:47

Beautiful photo of your teaware of the day, debunix!

Started the TeaDay with Noutomi Susumu Kyusu and Wan-s. In cup, Tsusyu Kikari Special Edition brewed particularly strong. Shawn's Greenwood Studio Yuzamashi in the background ... as usual as of late.

Jan 25th, '14, 16:05

by debunix » Jan 25th, '14, 16:05

Pleasant to start the tea day with lovely things. Were the wan and the kyusu a matched set? Just wondering whether the kyusu will stain with the fine network of beautiful crackles I think I can make out on the inside of the wan.

+ Post Reply