Aug 14th, '14, 18:04

Good deals on tea/ teaware?

by MercifulFate » Aug 14th, '14, 18:04

Hi all! So I'm searching these forms and I can't seem to find any on deals or promotions... If I'm blind, I apologize, if not, please share some here! :D

The best deal on tea I seem to have come across so far is the 4 oz of tiguanyin from aroma tea shop and 17oz of organic tulsi tea for 17 dollars from Amazon. Though I am looking for cheap teaware at the moment and not tea!

Aug 14th, '14, 20:37

Re: Good deals on tea/ teaware?

by debunix » Aug 14th, '14, 20:37

A lot of us on the forums focus our interest on handmade teawares direct from the artisan where special deals and limited-time offers are few and far between. There are places to get inexpensive and quite functional teaware, but without knowing what use you plan for the pieces, it's hard to give any suggestions or guidance.

Aug 14th, '14, 20:56

by MercifulFate » Aug 14th, '14, 20:56

Ahh that makes sense. I'm mostly interested in finding a 4-5 oz teapot, and smaller cups for gongfu. But I figured any random deals might interest me xDI enjoy looking at all the fine unique teawae on this site so Im interested in finding some for myself :D

Aug 15th, '14, 06:57

by theredbaron » Aug 15th, '14, 06:57

MercifulFate wrote:Ahh that makes sense. I'm mostly interested in finding a 4-5 oz teapot, and smaller cups for gongfu. But I figured any random deals might interest me xDI enjoy looking at all the fine unique teawae on this site so Im interested in finding some for myself :D

How long is a piece of string?

Fine tea ware is expensive, even if offered with a discount. Cheap tea ware is available, but that is rarely fine.

I would suggest, if you are starting off, and don't want to spend a fortune, that you buy a cheap porcelain pot of that size from some of the shops advertised here (like dragon teahouse, etc). Then buy smaller quantities of better quality tea than you did, and start from there.
If you then find out if that way of drinking tea is for you, then you go to the next level, and try to find some higher quality and more expensive tea ware.

Gongfu Cha takes a lifetime to learn, and it is not a cheap hobby.

Aug 15th, '14, 08:58

by Poseidon » Aug 15th, '14, 08:58

ebay. :mrgreen:

I shop all the time on ebay for teaware. Check out dragonteahouse!

Aug 15th, '14, 17:49

by tingjunkie » Aug 15th, '14, 17:49

"Expensive" tea is very cheap, when compared to other luxuries.

Let's imagine using 6g of tea which costs $1/g in a 100ml teapot. That's a $6 pot of tea, but it will be some truly high quality, amazing tea if you know where to shop. With that pot of tea, you will easily get more than 8 infusions, and it could be upwards of 30+ infusions. For the sake of argument, let's say you get 8 infusions equaling 750ml of tea (or a wine bottles worth). Try finding drinkable wine for $6 a bottle, let alone excellent wine. You won't even get a single 2oz pour of good bourbon or scotch in a a bar for $6.

Life is far too short for bad or mediocre tea. :wink:

Aug 15th, '14, 21:17

by BW85 » Aug 15th, '14, 21:17

tingjunkie wrote:"Expensive" tea is very cheap, when compared to other luxuries.

Let's imagine using 6g of tea which costs $1/g in a 100ml teapot. That's a $6 pot of tea, but it will be some truly high quality, amazing tea if you know where to shop. With that pot of tea, you will easily get more than 8 infusions, and it could be upwards of 30+ infusions. For the sake of argument, let's say you get 8 infusions equaling 750ml of tea (or a wine bottles worth). Try finding drinkable wine for $6 a bottle, let alone excellent wine. You won't even get a single 2oz pour of good bourbon or scotch in a a bar for $6.

Life is far too short for bad or mediocre tea. :wink:
Amen!

+ Post Reply