Apr 22nd 16 10:30 am
Posts: 755
Joined: Aug 4th 14 9:43 am

Tutorial for handle knot technique?

by Bok » Apr 22nd 16 10:30 am

Dear all,

We are probably all familiar with the reef-knots which are commonly used to tie the lids to the handle of a teapot.
(For all who want to add some on their pots, this tutorial worked well for me and it is really easy! http://puerh-tea.livejournal.com/101478.html)

There is another technique to do that with almost completely cover the handle as well.
I have only seen this one on older pots, one of them gifted to me by my in-laws.

I do not have the pot with me, but I have found a picture of it from an antique pot (sorry the source is small, so the pic is a bit blurry):

Anyone has an idea what this knot is called, or even a tutorial?
Any input is appreciated!

Although I tend to not use those knots on my pots in general, the esthetic of some pots can benefit from it…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.