Dec 6th, '16, 11:50
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: New subfora

by Chip » Dec 6th, '16, 11:50

Greetings!

... perhaps I should move this topic (again), this time to the new Category. I will move it to the new Teaware forum but leave a shadow topic under TeaChat Announcements and Userguide for a limited time.

I will be honest with you, when first presented with this by our host Adagio, I resisted the creation of a new Category for Teaware (along with added Forums) and TeaChat because for years I endeavored to reduce both categories and Forums, mainly because I felt the main Index was toooo long.

However, by splitting the Teaware into a new category, I now view this as an opportunity to improve. When the forum was Teaware and Accessories under the combined Tea and Teaware Category, it was not practical to create various specific teaware forums. But under its own category, it makes good sense to create specific forums ... IMHO even though this does again lengthen the main index page.

And this is coming ... it is only a matter of time and what actual new forums would be created. The 3 new Forums currently showing were placed by Adagio, this is not cast in stone.

There are several ways to move forward. Forums could be created based upon country, type, material, contemporary vs. traditional, function, etc. However, there cannot be unlimited number of new forums! I have a max number in my head where it will stay for now.

Dec 6th, '16, 13:31

Re: New subfora

by Fuut » Dec 6th, '16, 13:31

Chip wrote:Greetings!

... perhaps I should move this topic (again), this time to the new Category. I will move it to the new Teaware forum but leave a shadow topic under TeaChat Announcements and Userguide for a limited time.
There are several ways to move forward. Forums could be created based upon country, type, material, contemporary vs. traditional, function, etc. However, there cannot be unlimited number of new forums! I have a max number in my head where it will stay for now.
I could kiss you Chip.

I can only hope this will solve or dampen my although completely free (as this is online), annoyances.
ethan wrote:When we "waste".. .. times a week.

I realize that i may have been somewhat wretched in the words i used. I don't mean to imply i would never click on another subject outside my interest just out of sheer curiousity. However i do feel jixing topics are over represented on the current forum where the stickies (also about jixing), are generally filled with hagi, other wares and all sorts of stuff. I'm not against having every sort of ceramic featured somewhere. But i am slightly frustrated when it comes to new topics. I already just check the stickies because i can guess what the other topics are about.

+ Post Reply