Oct 9th, '17, 08:57

Silver cups and pots?

by dizzo » Oct 9th, '17, 08:57

I recently decided to get some nice tea cups. In my searches I started coming across .999 silver cups and pots. Ive never heard talk about them here. The little Ive been able to find on the net about them talks about it being similar and even better than porcelain (I have a hard time believing this).
What experiences have you had and what do you think of silver teaware?

Oct 10th, '17, 00:43

Re: Silver cups and pots?

by Bok » Oct 10th, '17, 00:43

dizzo wrote: I recently decided to get some nice tea cups. In my searches I started coming across .999 silver cups and pots. Ive never heard talk about them here. The little Ive been able to find on the net about them talks about it being similar and even better than porcelain (I have a hard time believing this).
What experiences have you had and what do you think of silver teaware?
Only recommended if you have premium quality tea. If you have not, you fill find out why very quickly... The best of the best can profit from it, anything lower and it will turn out really unpleasant. Google Teamasters blog, Stephane writes frequently about it.

Oct 20th, '17, 15:06

Re: Silver cups and pots?

by Hmm » Oct 20th, '17, 15:06

I don't have any personal experience, but I was told that silver teapots actually sweeten the water. So it depends on what type of teas you're drinking.

Oct 21st, '17, 11:01

Silver cups and pots?

by daohaanh1988 » Oct 21st, '17, 11:01

I don't have one in silver. A tea master I met in Strasbough said me that with a silver teapot, you can obtain the authentic taste of tea, better than a porcelain. They prefer to have that for tea tasting. He made me a tasting with puerh from a 400-year tree. It was great tasting, exceptional tea which is thick, creamy long lasting. I bought that tea and have it with my porcelain gaiwan. There is a little different, though i cannot describe clearly. But It is difficult to say if it's from the teapot, the water or way of making.
Silver teawares sound luxury to my budget now. I'll buy to upgrade my experience one day. But not so necessary if you have high quality porcelain teawares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Post Reply