Nov 24th, '17, 04:43

Mechanical Pocket Scales

by Nefarious » Nov 24th, '17, 04:43

I was wondering... lots of people talk of using 4g of this tea or 4.5g of another, but how do you weigh such small amounts to that degree of accuracy? I would love to find an old-fashioned set of scales (like the Libra sign!) that I could accurately weigh my precious leaves. Does anyone have some and could suggest where to source them from? Thanks.

Nov 25th, '17, 01:49

Re: Mechanical Pocket Scales

by debunix » Nov 25th, '17, 01:49

Nefarious wrote: I was wondering... lots of people talk of using 4g of this tea or 4.5g of another, but how do you weigh such small amounts to that degree of accuracy? I would love to find an old-fashioned set of scales (like the Libra sign!) that I could accurately weigh my precious leaves. Does anyone have some and could suggest where to source them from? Thanks.
I know it's not what you asked for--but something more like this is what most of us are using when we're quoting tenths of a gram weights of tea.

Searching Amazon for 'apothecary scale' gives a lot of items sold for 'decoration' so who knows if any accuracy at all.....and Ebay search for same term gives lots of old-looking items that may really be functional.

Jul 24th, '18, 23:24

Mechanical Pocket Scales

by Michaelbok » Jul 24th, '18, 23:24

I see there is a mechanical die cast metal RCBS the M500 anyone have one of these and want to give a review? Thanks STBE

+ Post Reply