Nov 3rd, '08, 16:56
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Nov 3rd, '08, 16:56

tenuki wrote:
Chip wrote:Nice tenuki, unlined, right? Really nice. Inside shots? Please...
Ya, unlined. I'll get some inside shots next time I have my camera out. these were off the vendor site. Haven't used it yet, but very happy to have found an antique the right size (~1.2L) and look at a reasonable price (235).
It is a beauty. I have wanted one for a while, unlined of course. I have lined ones that are mostly useless to me. But they look great on a shelf! :roll:

Nov 3rd, '08, 17:01

by Victoria » Nov 3rd, '08, 17:01

Wow very cool! And is that a go board???
Extra points!!!

Nov 4th, '08, 14:14

by hop_goblin » Nov 4th, '08, 14:14

Ok, here are my new toys.. They are pretty much self explanatory.. However, the one that looks like a pot with a handle is to "refresh" wet stored and cooked pu and heavy roasted oolong.

Nov 4th, '08, 14:17

by ABx » Nov 4th, '08, 14:17

hop_goblin wrote:...the one that looks like a pot with a handle is to "refresh" wet stored and cooked pu and heavy roasted oolong.
That's very cool, I didn't know something like that exists. How does it work? Most importantly, where did you get it? :D

Nov 4th, '08, 14:19

by wyardley » Nov 4th, '08, 14:19

ABx wrote:
hop_goblin wrote:...the one that looks like a pot with a handle is to "refresh" wet stored and cooked pu and heavy roasted oolong.
That's very cool, I didn't know something like that exists. How does it work? Most importantly, where did you get it? :D
You hold it over a heat source (like a flame), and shake it around, sort of like you're making popcorn or toasting nuts. It tends to take a while, even just for a quick refresher.

Imen has one; she calls it her "tea bong". I'm not 100% sure if she sells them, but I think she'd be able to get one if you give her a call down at Tea Habitat.

Nov 4th, '08, 14:21

by hop_goblin » Nov 4th, '08, 14:21

wyardley wrote:
ABx wrote:
You hold it over a heat source (like a flame), and shake it around, sort of like you're making popcorn or toasting nuts. It tends to take a while, even just for a quick refresher.

Imen has one; she calls it her "tea bong". I'm not 100% sure if she sells them, but
I think she'd be able to get one if you give her a call down at Tea Habitat.
Correct.. I purchased this particular one directly from Lin's Ceramic Studio. They are some what costly but a fun toy. You can also buy one from HouDe

http://www.houdeasianart.com/index.php? ... cts_id=716

Nov 4th, '08, 14:45

by Maitre_Tea » Nov 4th, '08, 14:45

hop_goblin wrote:
wyardley wrote:
ABx wrote:

Imen has one; she calls it her "tea bong". I'm not 100% sure if she sells them, but
I think she'd be able to get one if you give her a call down at Tea Habitat.
Correct.. I purchased this particular one directly from Lin's Ceramic Studio. They are some what costly but a fun toy. You can also buy one from HouDe

http://www.houdeasianart.com/index.php? ... cts_id=716
wait, you bought it directly from Lin's Ceramic Studio? Do they have a website? I want to order stuff from them but I don't know where, and Hou De doesn't have what I wan from Lin's Ceramic Studio

Nov 4th, '08, 15:18

by wyardley » Nov 4th, '08, 15:18

Maitre_Tea wrote: wait, you bought it directly from Lin's Ceramic Studio? Do they have a website? I want to order stuff from them but I don't know where, and Hou De doesn't have what I wan from Lin's Ceramic Studio
http://aurlia.com.tw/

I haven't had that much luck using their online cart system, so I think you might need to call or email them to actually order anything.

Nov 5th, '08, 13:50

by ABx » Nov 5th, '08, 13:50

Very cool, I'll have to get one. I actually thought it looked like something you'd heat tea with, but I actually didn't know that you could revive wet stored puerh with heat.

Thanks!

Nov 5th, '08, 13:57

by hop_goblin » Nov 5th, '08, 13:57

Ok.. thought I would throw out a pic of all my new goodies on my tea table :P

Nov 5th, '08, 14:03

by hop_goblin » Nov 5th, '08, 14:03

ABx wrote:Very cool, I'll have to get one. I actually thought it looked like something you'd heat tea with, but I actually didn't know that you could revive wet stored puerh with heat.

Thanks!
Well, it is supposed to help with the mustiness of it. I haven't tried it yet on wet stored but for cooked pu ..boy the brew came out more fragrant, darker, pungent, and silker. I will experment soon and post my findings on the blog.

Nov 5th, '08, 14:29

by Victoria » Nov 5th, '08, 14:29

That is an awesome tray!

Nov 5th, '08, 14:38

by hop_goblin » Nov 5th, '08, 14:38

Victoria wrote:That is an awesome tray!
Thansk Vic :D

Nov 5th, '08, 14:52

by lastcoyote » Nov 5th, '08, 14:52

Victoria wrote:That is an awesome tray!
looks suspiciously like mine..hmmm and there i was thinking it was a one off! :wink: :lol:

actually talking of trays i've just got the mini bamboo tray from Jing Tea UK. also their glass cups..which are really sweet.

i was actually only just going to order some of their Yunnan Gold but ended up adding the tray and cups in the basket on impulse.
this was my first experience of Yunnan Gold and i can tell you the only dissapointment i had was with myself for having not tried it sooner. very very yum!
nice to have a black tea that is not your average black tea. very special :D

Nov 5th, '08, 15:12

by Victoria » Nov 5th, '08, 15:12

Sweet tray and teaware! I got a mini tray for work and now ... now I want a full size - so don't say I didn't warn ya. I think I have those Jing glass cups too, got them in an exchange. I have a fairly nice looking office and after seeing my tea set up posted - a serious remodel is in the works!!