Oct 19th 17 9:37 am

Is this Banko or tokoname? and what tea?

by lopin » Oct 19th 17 9:37 am

Hi. I bought this cute little teapot of ebay, it is old one and was listed like tokoname. But it is violet metalic color, very similar to my old banko kyusu. What do you think? It has metalic high ring and when touched with sweaty hand it leaves almost silver fingerprints on surface.
What tea would you recommend? I originally wanted that for taiwan oolongs but not sure it would brew nice. Will try once i get home. For senchas i am using my old bankos and zuiho ono houhin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oct 19th 17 9:49 am

Re: Is this Banko or tokoname? and what tea?

by lopin » Oct 19th 17 9:49 am

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oct 19th 17 9:50 am

by lopin » Oct 19th 17 9:50 am

s-l500 (1).jpg
lopin wrote: Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

Oct 25th 17 1:13 pm

by Fuut » Oct 25th 17 1:13 pm

lopin wrote: s-l500 (1).jpg
I think your best bet in this case would be to track down the mark to a potter and area to determine it conclusively. Otherwise it'll remain a guess.

I suppose for a general catagory for yourself, i'd go with which style is matches most. If you feel its more tokoname there you go.

Oct 25th 17 6:37 pm

by lopin » Oct 25th 17 6:37 pm

Fuut wrote:
lopin wrote: s-l500 (1).jpg
I think your best bet in this case would be to track down the mark to a potter and area to determine it conclusively. Otherwise it'll remain a guess.

I suppose for a general catagory for yourself, i'd go with which style is matches most. If you feel its more tokoname there you go.
true, I just don't read japanese so if anyone can tell the name It would be a good start.