How many Hagi are enough?

1
25
16%
2-3
23
15%
4-5
13
9%
6-7
5
3%
8-10
3
2%
11 or more
5
3%
Infinity ... always room for one more
78
51%
 
Total votes: 152

Feb 12th, '17, 07:52
Posts: 265
Joined: Jun 13th, '13, 04:18

Re: The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by Pig Hog » Feb 12th, '17, 07:52


User avatar
Feb 12th, '17, 15:20
Posts: 5916
Joined: Jan 10th, '10, 16:04
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact: debunix

Re: The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by debunix » Feb 12th, '17, 15:20

sugataishi wrote:My sansai teabowl by Seigan Yamane is comming to me. I wonder if sansai develops glaze cracks as white thick hagi glaze used to do.
My pair of cups from the Tempest Hagi SO from TC very quickly stained in a large web like this

ImageCrackles by D B, on Flickr

Feb 12th, '17, 15:24
Posts: 18
Joined: Dec 27th, '15, 01:23

Re: RE: Re: The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by sugataishi » Feb 12th, '17, 15:24

debunix wrote:
sugataishi wrote:My sansai teabowl by Seigan Yamane is comming to me. I wonder if sansai develops glaze cracks as white thick hagi glaze used to do.
My pair of cups from the Tempest Hagi SO from TC very quickly stained in a large web like this

ImageCrackles by D B, on Flickr
Have you more pics of yours?

Wysłane z mojego D5103 przy użyciu Tapatalka

User avatar
Feb 12th, '17, 16:35
Posts: 99
Joined: Mar 28th, '14, 00:18

Re: The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by pizzapotamus » Feb 12th, '17, 16:35

sugataishi wrote:
pizzapotamus wrote:An inexpensive Seigan teabowl, about 10oz so it works either as a smaller matcha bowl or bulk consumption of other tea.
Nice. Does it have cracks on glaze?
No cracks atm, although it's not really had a ton of use. I've used it genmaicha a couple of times but it mostly has matcha duty which isn't one of my regular teas. Probably made about 100g of matcha in it.

Feb 12th, '17, 18:57
Posts: 265
Joined: Jun 13th, '13, 04:18

Re: The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by Pig Hog » Feb 12th, '17, 18:57

I can take more but you'll have to wait until tomorrow evening!

Feb 12th, '17, 23:45
Posts: 18
Joined: Dec 27th, '15, 01:23

Re: RE: Re: The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by sugataishi » Feb 12th, '17, 23:45

Pig Hog wrote:I can take more but you'll have to wait until tomorrow evening!
I have time


User avatar
Feb 13th, '17, 19:46
Posts: 5916
Joined: Jan 10th, '10, 16:04
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact: debunix

Re: RE: Re: The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by debunix » Feb 13th, '17, 19:46

sugataishi wrote:[Have you more pics of yours?
ImageBig Brother & the Twins by D B, on Flickr

ImageBig Brother & the Twins by D B, on Flickr

ImageBig Brother & the Twins by D B, on Flickr

ImageBig Brother & the Twins by D B, on Flickr

What I don't have are a lot of photos of the cups with their mature staining.

Feb 15th, '17, 00:29
Posts: 18
Joined: Dec 27th, '15, 01:23

Re: RE: Re: The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by sugataishi » Feb 15th, '17, 00:29

This is Wow, i have never seen a chawan with a sew.

Wysłane z mojego D5103 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Feb 15th, '17, 00:32
Posts: 18
Joined: Dec 27th, '15, 01:23

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by sugataishi » Feb 15th, '17, 00:32

debunix wrote:
sugataishi wrote:[Have you more pics of yours?
ImageBig Brother & the Twins by D B, on Flickr

ImageBig Brother & the Twins by D B, on Flickr

ImageBig Brother & the Twins by D B, on Flickr

ImageBig Brother & the Twins by D B, on Flickr

What I don't have are a lot of photos of the cups with their mature staining.
The middle one is awsome, the other two too. Who made it?

Wysłane z mojego D5103 przy użyciu Tapatalka

User avatar
Feb 15th, '17, 00:51
Posts: 5916
Joined: Jan 10th, '10, 16:04
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact: debunix

Re: The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by debunix » Feb 15th, '17, 00:51

They're by Yamane Seigan, via TeaChat special offers.

User avatar
Feb 15th, '17, 16:39
Posts: 406
Joined: Feb 24th, '09, 12:01
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by rdl » Feb 15th, '17, 16:39

Enjoying two new pieces
Attachments
tmp_26160-20170124_182428-1119448517.png
tmp_26160-20170124_182428-1119448517.png (66.75 KiB) Viewed 190 times

Feb 15th, '17, 18:40
Posts: 265
Joined: Jun 13th, '13, 04:18

The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by Pig Hog » Feb 15th, '17, 18:40

sugataishi wrote: This is Wow, i have never seen a chawan with a sew.

Wysłane z mojego D5103 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Not actually sure what you mean by this, if I'm honest, but it sounds like a good thing so yeah, cool, thanks!

Feb 15th, '17, 23:01
Posts: 18
Joined: Dec 27th, '15, 01:23

Re: The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by sugataishi » Feb 15th, '17, 23:01

Pig Hog wrote:
sugataishi wrote: This is Wow, i have never seen a chawan with a sew.

Wysłane z mojego D5103 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Not actually sure what you mean by this, if I'm honest, but it sounds like a good thing so yeah, cool, thanks!
It was a good thing. Sorry for my English, I am not a native speaker.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 15th, '17, 23:27
Posts: 18
Joined: Dec 27th, '15, 01:23

Re: RE: Re: The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by sugataishi » Feb 15th, '17, 23:27

rdl wrote:Enjoying two new pieces
So how many pieces of hagi you have already?

Wysłane z mojego D5103 przy użyciu Tapatalka

+ Post Reply