May 6th, '11, 12:39

Re: Your favorite way to store tea

by JeiKun4114 » May 6th, '11, 12:39

Chip wrote:
JeiKun4114 wrote:
Chip wrote:
Stentor wrote:
JeiKun4114 wrote:I like to store my Tea in my hand made copper canister by Kaikado :mrgreen:
Wow. :lol:
These are on my must buy list for this year.
+1!

Were these from Hojo?
Stentor Kaikado's canister's are very amazing to own, I would strongly recommend owning at least one :mrgreen:

Chip these canister's are actually not from Hojo. I had the privilege to see these canister's made right in front of me in Japan. One of the makers came down to the city I was living in, and was offering to make them first hand, it was a very very amazing experience :D
Well now you are just showing off!!! :mrgreen:

I am sure this makes them even more special and beautiful than we first thought.
Sorry :| But yes they are very special to me :D probably more then any of my other wares :D

May 8th, '11, 21:53
Vendor Member

by IPT » May 8th, '11, 21:53

tortoise wrote:I use these Canopic Jars. The rotten organs of a pre-dynastic Egyptian priest lend the tea an interesting flavor. You can't really buy these nowadays...
Haha! I actually have a resin one that I do store some tea in. I've studied Egyptology for many years and my friend bought me one as a gift. I figured it would be a fantastic tea container, and it is.

I, of course, removed the embalmed liver. It was actually quite tasty. I had it with some fava beans and a nice chianti. :P

Have a great day all

May 8th, '11, 23:34
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 8th, '11, 23:34

IPT wrote:I, of course, removed the embalmed liver. It was actually quite tasty. I had it with some fava beans and a nice chianti. :P
"f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f"
:lol:

Jun 7th, '11, 09:21

by Stentor » Jun 7th, '11, 09:21

Jeikun,
I was wondering if you could maybe take a picture of the inside of an empty Kaikado canister? I would like to know if they are "seamless" (on the bottom of the inside) or if there is a possibility of small leaf particles getting stuck in the tiny gaps between the different pieces of tin that the canister is made of.
I'm thinking about trying to get people to buy me one of those beautiful Kaikado canisters for my birthday ;)
Since they're quite pricey, I just want to make sure that I will absolutely like them, not only for how great I think they look but also for their usefulness.

Jun 7th, '11, 21:33

by JeiKun4114 » Jun 7th, '11, 21:33

Stentor wrote:Jeikun,
I was wondering if you could maybe take a picture of the inside of an empty Kaikado canister? I would like to know if they are "seamless" (on the bottom of the inside) or if there is a possibility of small leaf particles getting stuck in the tiny gaps between the different pieces of tin that the canister is made of.
I'm thinking about trying to get people to buy me one of those beautiful Kaikado canisters for my birthday ;)
Since they're quite pricey, I just want to make sure that I will absolutely like them, not only for how great I think they look but also for their usefulness.
No Problem Stentor :D I cant stand having small tea particles stuck in the tiny gaps of canisters either, it bugs me :evil: There is a seam at the bottom but there is no gap at all. It seems to me, with the naked eye, that it is melted together. It was kinda hard to take a good pic, I have yet to get a good camera, but with the naked eye it looks very well made. Kaikado is the only canister's I will ever use :D I hope these pictures help you out :D Happy Tea :)
photo 1.JPG
that small black spot you see on the seam is just the color not a gap
photo 1.JPG (29.93 KiB) Viewed 1089 times
Attachments
photo 4.JPG
photo 4.JPG (35.1 KiB) Viewed 1089 times

Jun 8th, '11, 10:05

by Stentor » Jun 8th, '11, 10:05

Thank you very much, Jeikun!! The pictures show exactly what I wanted to see. Looks perfect.
Now I'm defnitely putting them on my wish list!! ;)

Jun 11th, '11, 13:13

by Alex » Jun 11th, '11, 13:13

My favorite way to store tea is in my tummy :lol:

Jun 11th, '11, 13:41

by JeiKun4114 » Jun 11th, '11, 13:41

Stentor wrote:Thank you very much, Jeikun!! The pictures show exactly what I wanted to see. Looks perfect.
Now I'm defnitely putting them on my wish list!! ;)
No problem Stentor :D always happy to help a fellow tea head :mrgreen:

+ Post Reply