Jul 11th, '11, 22:54

Looking for a tea set carrying case

by Teepek » Jul 11th, '11, 22:54

I have just recently bought a tea set. I've been looking for a carrying case for so I can easily pack up my tea set to enjoy tea at my friends house or when I travel but can't seem to find any. I find tea backpacks and tea sets that already come in cases but I'm looking for an empty case. basically I'm looking for a picnic basket except for my tea set. I just want to easily and safely travel with my tea set. I'm willing to make one but have no idea how to even start. Does any one know where I can buy a case or have any ideas how to make one? Thanks.

Jul 11th, '11, 23:50

Re: Looking for a tea set carrying case

by odarwin » Jul 11th, '11, 23:50

here is mine, i got this in china a few years back, thou i have never used this. its just sitting there collecting dust in the cabinet. i forgot how much i got it for but it should be around 300-400RMB at that time maybe. if you try to look at taobao, there should be some available.

this has a tea tray that has water compartment, a small tray, and a compartment for teaware.

you can also try lins ceramic studio in taiwan...
http://www.aurlia.com.tw/index.php?opti ... 64&lang=en

Jul 12th, '11, 11:03

by hopeofdawn » Jul 12th, '11, 11:03

I remember a while back seeing a thread about someone using a tool/hobby case to create a travelling tea-case--it was the kind that had the customizable foam inserts, so he could make padded compartments for all his teaware/tools. I don't recall if it included the tray to make tea on or not, but it was a really neat solution, as I recall--reinforced and durable. Unfortunately I don't remember what thread it was on--maybe someone else does?

Jul 12th, '11, 11:15
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jul 12th, '11, 11:15

+1, this makes most sense ... in fact I am working on such a case now using a pretty old case that was my fathers. I will use cloth wraps for around the wares so it is not in contact with any packing material like foam rubber.

I am trying to think of another packing material, somehow the foam rubber does not seem, organic ...

But the foam rubber is nice because you can cut holes in it to securely hold your wares.

Jul 12th, '11, 11:34

by debunix » Jul 12th, '11, 11:34

Chip wrote: I am trying to think of another packing material, somehow the foam rubber does not seem, organic ...

But the foam rubber is nice because you can cut holes in it to securely hold your wares.
No reason not to cut the holes generously enough to fit your teawares, each wrapped in a bit of fine cloth...

Jul 12th, '11, 13:13

by wyardley » Jul 12th, '11, 13:13

hopeofdawn wrote:I remember a while back seeing a thread about someone using a tool/hobby case to create a travelling tea-case--it was the kind that had the customizable foam inserts, so he could make padded compartments for all his teaware/tools
Perhaps you mean Mike Petro's case?
http://www.pu-erh.net/static.php?StaticID=10

For carrying a gaiwan and teacups, you can buy one of those gaiwan travel sets for like $3 and then throw out the crappy teaware that comes with it.

Jul 12th, '11, 14:31

by Teepek » Jul 12th, '11, 14:31

thank you guys so much for the help. I think that I'll get a picnic basket (for it's cheapness and aesthetics) put some of that custom foam in it then line the foam with a soft fabric like crushed velvet or some thing. I have so many ideas now. It'll be some time before I can complete this but I'll post pictures when I can. Thanks again!

Jul 19th, '11, 22:39

by SnowLily » Jul 19th, '11, 22:39

I have a new set coming in and it'll be fairly small so I was thinking of checking out some makeup cases/bags. Just have to package my wares in such a way so that nothing will break. I'll be looking for the more simplistic styles so it won't have partitions and lipstick compartments which will just get in the way etc :D

Oct 18th, '17, 16:15

by TeaSoul Shop » Oct 18th, '17, 16:15

+ Post Reply