Nov 24th, '11, 12:01

Wanted: bamboo mat that looks good

by Math » Nov 24th, '11, 12:01

Hey There anyone knows where I can buy a good looking bamboo mat online, for my tea sessions? I have looked in a lot of places without luck, should be easy you think, but isn't..

I'm looking at something like this:

(yes I found this picture on dino something, but the product listing of this item is sketchy to say the least!!)

Nov 25th, '11, 12:04

Re: Wanted: bamboo mat that looks good

by hopeofdawn » Nov 25th, '11, 12:04

Those actually look like the mats you can buy to roll sushi rolls in. If they are, you can get them pretty much in any Asian grocery store ....

Nov 25th, '11, 12:23
Vendor Member

by IPT » Nov 25th, '11, 12:23

They are different from the sushi ones in that the bamboo strips are round and spaced apart. The sushi ones are very tightly woven together and flat on one side. I think a sushi one would work on though.

Nov 25th, '11, 13:09

by debunix » Nov 25th, '11, 13:09

Recently I've found quite a variety of bamboo mats at houseware stores, sold as placemats for the dining table. They're a good size for tea use, and I use a couple of them to line my tea corner. Search for "bamboo placemats" under Table Linens: I see a variety listed at Bed Bath & Beyond & Amazon, and I know I've seen plenty of them in stores. Amazon has larger table-runner sizes too.

Nov 25th, '11, 14:11
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Nov 25th, '11, 14:11

debunix wrote:Recently I've found quite a variety of bamboo mats at houseware stores, sold as placemats for the dining table. They're a good size for tea use, and I use a couple of them to line my tea corner. Search for "bamboo placemats" under Table Linens: I see a variety listed at Bed Bath & Beyond & Amazon, and I know I've seen plenty of them in stores. Amazon has larger table-runner sizes too.
... likewise! Including BBB and Ikea. But then I started seeing them all over the place. Even a dollar store.

Nov 27th, '11, 16:02

by Math » Nov 27th, '11, 16:02

Cheers for all the advice!

I'm going to stop by Ikea this week to see what they have.

+ Post Reply