Apr 24th, '14, 15:51

Best Places For Storage In a Small House?

by SpottySipper » Apr 24th, '14, 15:51

I've been trying to organize my tea collection lately, I have the airtight tin thing down for non pu'er teas, but trying to find a spot to store these tins is becoming a hassle. as the only places I have to store them are the cupboard beside the stove and the cupboard next to the sink at the far edge . . which, I don't think is a good idea because the former has lots of heat and smell potential, while the other has the obvious moisture and mold potential. I've been keeping the teas in re-sealable bags that the vendors shipped them in but that's less organized. would atop a hutch be a good place to store tins? seeing how that's not exactly the "coolest, driest place" I'm in a bit of a pickle. the pu'er I'm storing at the top of the hutch ( in their wrappings and a sack) have been doing well there since 2012. Any advice would be appreciated.

Apr 24th, '14, 19:49

Re: Best Places For Storage In a Small House?

by Misou » Apr 24th, '14, 19:49

If heating ducts are not near by, under a bed can be good. or in a closet.
I had a very tiny house and my best place was under the stairs. Cool dry and accessible!

Apr 27th, '14, 10:30

by dRummie » Apr 27th, '14, 10:30

My solution has been to install a dedicated tea shelf :lol: It's on the other end of my kitchen, away from the stove. A good way to create space if you're otherwise out, provided you have a free wall.

Apr 30th, '14, 00:51

by SpottySipper » Apr 30th, '14, 00:51

dRummie wrote:My solution has been to install a dedicated tea shelf :lol: It's on the other end of my kitchen, away from the stove. A good way to create space if you're otherwise out, provided you have a free wall.

So judging by your experience . . and my lack of room for building a new cabinet or shelf. the top of the hutch would be my best solution?

it's opposite the stove, 4 ish feet across from a trash bin, 6 ft. tall and I've had pu'erh up at the far edge since 2012 that's doing just fine. I may be paranoid but I worry about the air and dim sunlight ( it has a silhouette that covers a lot of light ) from the sliding door facing it. . even though the pu'erh is fine.

+ Post Reply