May 7th, '17, 13:52

Storage in clay Caddies

by UnknownSoldier » May 7th, '17, 13:52

Let’s start off by saying I’m a FNG (Fu@#ing new guy) to Pu’erh. I have searched many site on storage and have found many different ways to store short and long term. I have herd anything from older wood cabinets because they have less smell, to college dorm refrigerators. I also read that clay (Yixing) are the best to store. I am looking to start my collection and want to get some opinions on what works?

I live in Indianapolis, IN. so humidity is somewhat of a factor sometimes.

Sep 25th, '17, 11:51

Re: Storage in clay Caddies

by Steve@Adagio » Sep 25th, '17, 11:51

UnknownSoldier wrote: Let’s start off by saying I’m a FNG (Fu@#ing new guy) to Pu’erh. I have searched many site on storage and have found many different ways to store short and long term. I have herd anything from older wood cabinets because they have less smell, to college dorm refrigerators. I also read that clay (Yixing) are the best to store. I am looking to start my collection and want to get some opinions on what works?

I live in Indianapolis, IN. so humidity is somewhat of a factor sometimes.
Personally, I've found the semi-porous nature of clay caddies to be the best as they handle temperature and humidity variances well. Refridgerator storage may dry and damaged the tea.

+ Post Reply