Feb 15th, '08, 17:54
Scrolling: scrolling

by Proinsias » Feb 15th, '08, 17:54

I'm I fussy one.

I invested in this
from the Dragon Teahouse on ebay and have been very happy. It comes in a nice little bag and covers most of my, supremely anal, needs.

My heating broke down last week and it has also come in handy as we moved our living room into the smaller back room until normal, warm, life can resume.

You can also fit a few bags of tea inside, eliminating the crush factor.

Looking forward to tea in the garden over the summer and I now feel camping in the mountains of Scotland will be far more pleasurable this year.

Looking over the pics again mine is very slightly different in some respects and the one my friend bought is a little different again but you get the general idea.

If I'm going somewhere indoors I sort of presume I'll have access to water, if I'm headed outdoors I've got my camping kettle and gas stove on the starting blocks.

Feb 15th, '08, 17:59

by Proinsias » Feb 15th, '08, 17:59

Oh,

If I'm really pushed I will opt for one of the thermal mugs I've got

I stick a few baggies of tea inside, use it like a gaiwan and pour the liquor into whatever I can lay my hands on. They can be picked up for next to nothing if you're not fussed about brand names, which I'm not as I'm not really interested in it keeping stuff hot - you can almost pass for a drinker of normal beverages unless you are caught mid pour and questioned.

edit: by baggies I don't mean tea bags, I mean for transport.

Feb 15th, '08, 18:19

by Proinsias » Feb 15th, '08, 18:19

Tea trapped in tiny bags.........just.....can't...cope.

Just think of the poor leaves that could be dancing around the vessel.

Feb 15th, '08, 18:24

by Proinsias » Feb 15th, '08, 18:24

Sometimes I cope better if normal cheap tea bags are used with a little milk. I can pretend it's a not really tea I'm drinking and I don't feel bad about the rough treatment being given - they're pretty much the mechanically recovered meat of the tea world in my view.

Feb 15th, '08, 19:38

by Pentox » Feb 15th, '08, 19:38

Proinsias wrote:I'm I fussy one.

I invested in this
from the Dragon Teahouse on ebay and have been very happy. It comes in a nice little bag and covers most of my, supremely anal, needs.

My heating broke down last week and it has also come in handy as we moved our living room into the smaller back room until normal, warm, life can resume.

You can also fit a few bags of tea inside, eliminating the crush factor.

Looking forward to tea in the garden over the summer and I now feel camping in the mountains of Scotland will be far more pleasurable this year.

Looking over the pics again mine is very slightly different in some respects and the one my friend bought is a little different again but you get the general idea.

If I'm going somewhere indoors I sort of presume I'll have access to water, if I'm headed outdoors I've got my camping kettle and gas stove on the starting blocks.
I actually was considering that, I had seen it, but the price is rather high and I was a bit worried about it getting rattled around. Looking at it, I didn't know if it would rattle around when getting shaken around by airport bag handlers or not.

Feb 15th, '08, 19:39

by Pentox » Feb 15th, '08, 19:39

double post
Last edited by Pentox on Feb 16th, '08, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.

Feb 16th, '08, 18:52

by Proinsias » Feb 16th, '08, 18:52

It's small enough to be hand luggage all the way - I don't fly often so I'm not too bothered.

The rubber tube gives a bit of padding to stop things shaking about, the lid of the gaiwan is the only thing I would make sure was dealt with separately.

I'm even happier with it since I found an old green glass vase type thing in the greenhouse, my tea set now sounds like it should be in the O-Ren-Ishii fight at the end of Kill Bill pt 1 instead of the bamboo water thingy and I can tell it needs emptied by the change in sound from the green thing.

+ Post Reply