Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

User avatar
Aug 21st 11 4:41 am
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 23rd 06 12:52 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

by Chip » Aug 21st 11 4:41 am


User avatar
Aug 21st 11 6:10 pm
Posts: 5896
Joined: Jan 10th 10 9:04 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

by debunix » Aug 21st 11 6:10 pm

enjoying some Aoi sencha this morning, two perfectly timed infusions, then a third "oops! forgot the tea" that went quite long, but was still enjoyable. Gotta love such a delicious AND forgiving tea.

Aug 21st 11 10:29 pm
Posts: 65
Joined: Jun 29th 11 5:57 pm
Location: Lawrence, KS

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

by strickmr » Aug 21st 11 10:29 pm

I'm drinking some cold brewed Shizuoka sencha from O-cha. It's a nice, relaxing drink for a hot and humid day here. I'm looking at moving onto some YM or a gyo here in a while.

Aug 22nd 11 6:48 pm
Posts: 364
Joined: Dec 29th 09 5:49 pm
Location: Nor Cal

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

by NOESIS » Aug 22nd 11 6:48 pm

Maruyama sencha from Maiko this morning.

User avatar
Aug 22nd 11 11:21 pm
Posts: 644
Joined: Jan 10th 10 12:38 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

by sherubtse » Aug 22nd 11 11:21 pm

I'm working my way through a bag of bancha, which I cold-brew overnight and then take to work. Nothing to write home to Mother about, mind you, but rather pleasant nonetheless. :)

Best wishes,
sherubtse
Last edited by sherubtse on Aug 23rd 11 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Aug 23rd 11 9:57 am
Posts: 80
Joined: Jun 8th 10 10:26 am
Location: Mainz, Germany

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

by sebpassion » Aug 23rd 11 9:57 am

I'm finishing my last bag of yuukis asatsuyu..
its one of my faves at the moment..so sweet and rich
but a new bag is already on its way to me :)

User avatar
Aug 23rd 11 2:13 pm
Posts: 1247
Joined: Nov 7th 07 5:23 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

by JRS22 » Aug 23rd 11 2:13 pm

I'm making space in my tea cabinet by finishing some 2010 teas that I neglected last year. Right now I'm drinking Sakura Sencha which I'm enjoying more than before since today I brewed it at a lower temperature than other sessions. Earlier I had a session of Den's Gyokuro Suimei. Just 2 more sessions of each and then I can move on to the unopened "upscale" Gyokuros and 2011 Long Jing.

User avatar
Aug 23rd 11 9:01 pm
Posts: 2228
Joined: Jul 22nd 09 2:55 pm
Location: Capital of the Mitten
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

by AdamMY » Aug 23rd 11 9:01 pm

A great day for green tea here. Started it off with Kirameki brewed strong and like gyokuro, quite nice, even though I botched the second steep. After a break I broke out the Jukro Oojeon I have, and had a wonderful session with it, of which I am on the final infusion right now, and feeling quite full and satisfied.

Aug 28th 11 11:18 pm
Posts: 364
Joined: Dec 29th 09 5:49 pm
Location: Nor Cal

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

by NOESIS » Aug 28th 11 11:18 pm

Enjoying one of my favorite Chinese greens; Meng Ding Gan Lu from DTH. What a lovely veggie sweetness.

User avatar
Aug 28th 11 11:36 pm
Posts: 2228
Joined: Jul 22nd 09 2:55 pm
Location: Capital of the Mitten
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

by AdamMY » Aug 28th 11 11:36 pm

Having a slightly off session of Jukro Daejak. I can not seem to brew this correctly in a pot, but it works wonderfully grandpa style.

Aug 29th 11 2:39 pm
Posts: 504
Joined: Oct 8th 09 1:31 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

by bryan_drinks_tea » Aug 29th 11 2:39 pm

I'm currently having Norbu's Spring 2010 Zhu Ye Qing. It's not super sweet, but I like the fresh okra aroma and flavor. It's fun to try new things for a change.

User avatar
Aug 29th 11 6:13 pm
Posts: 644
Joined: Jan 10th 10 12:38 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

by sherubtse » Aug 29th 11 6:13 pm

Have been brewing O-Cha's Kabusecha for the past few days. Have found it to be a plesant and enjoyable drink -- sweet in the first infusion, and grassy subsequently.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Aug 30th 11 5:09 am
Posts: 65
Joined: Jun 29th 11 5:57 pm
Location: Lawrence, KS

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

by strickmr » Aug 30th 11 5:09 am

sherubtse wrote:Have been brewing O-Cha's Kabusecha for the past few days. Have found it to be a plesant and enjoyable drink -- sweet in the first infusion, and grassy subsequently.

Best wishes,
sherubtse
I'll second that and go make myself a cup! I've really been keen on Kabusecha lately.

User avatar
Aug 30th 11 8:46 am
Posts: 143
Joined: Feb 11th 11 3:05 am
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

by ChinesePottery » Aug 30th 11 8:46 am

Am currently enjoying an excellent and very fragrant Guilin MaoJian made by IPT himself which he was kind enough to trade me for some of my homemade Yixing HongCha.

User avatar
Sep 1st 11 4:45 am
Posts: 4536
Joined: Apr 1st 09 4:48 am
Location: Bangkok

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

by Tead Off » Sep 1st 11 4:45 am

sherubtse wrote:
Tead Off wrote:A Korean Ujeon grade tea. Handmade, wild organic tea by tea master Moosong from Naju, a small town south of Gwangju where tea planted generations ago grow wild in the mountains surrounding the town.
Where did you get this tea? You have me interested .... :lol:

Best wishes,
sherubtse
This tea was given to me by the tea master. It would be hard for you to order this online.

If you want to get good Korean tea, try this link for Canada.
http://www.daotea.ca/
They are selling high end teas.