Here's my Seigan with some Ippodo Sayaka-no-Mukashi ready to go:

Blurry close-up of the lovely green powder of Sayaka-no-mukashi:

My taste-off between Sayaka and Ikuyo-no-Mukashi. Guess the winner:







Hey there, Seeker. Yep, I promise to post over in the Ipoddo Tea Vender section about the specifics of the experience. I was running low on time (I never have enough for the fun stuff!!). I preferred the Ikuyo-no-mukashi this round. More umami (my reaction), fuller, richer, deeper. Seaweed notes, but with subtle sweetness. Less astringent than the Sayaka-no-mukashi, alhtough my tasting partner for the session disagreed. Less vegetal than the Matcha Manten from O-Cha (my current fave), but still oceanic taste and aroma was very even and balanced. The aroma also indicated more sweetness and depth than the Sayaka. The aroma was seaweed but that ocean breeze comes in at the end of the inhalation, which is my favorite quality in a green. More to come with a side by side comparison over in the Ipoddo section. Thanks for asking!Seeker wrote:Such beauoooooteeeful chawans!
Nice, oh so very nice.
So - rj, which matcha won?
Also, any chance you could you give some descriptions of flavors/aromas for each?
I adore big bubbles and lots of viscosity in my matcha. Isn't that supposed to be heresy? I don't care, I like it and will continue to have my chasen do it's magicChip wrote: "Bubbly" Went for bigger bubbles with more extreme agitation. No chasen-s were hurt ...



