Quite a page of showing off!
Great moon cups Hopeofdawn!
Those are amazing domestic finds Lerxst.
You have made Chris' cup a star debunix.
Tearrific Hagi Beaker. I am not familiar with this artisan. Looks like a sizable hobin?
Nice Hokujo cup to go with your new kyusu Alex.
I forget Adam, who is that artisan? Love the glaze on that one.
Pretty cool Mrs. Woozl-Yaki, Mr. Woozl!
Whew ... and we are coming to the end of this chapter of the show off topic. Thanks for "showing off!"
Mar 14th 12 12:33 pm
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 23rd 06 12:52 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII
Wow--just wow. Gorgeous and understated, all at once--I love both the form and the glaze of that chawan.bonjiri wrote: inspired by evening, fragrant ume or plum blossoms, now blooming. spring is coming soon ! yay !
Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII
Got the 150ml Hokujo Tea Cup from artisticnippon.com and thought I'd just take my own picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Alex on May 15th 12 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII
Thanks Chip.Chip wrote:Nice Hokujo cup to go with your new kyusu Alex.
Last edited by Alex on May 16th 12 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII
sharing a cool gift, an emulsion transfer made of my yunomi from a friend/collector in singapore
amazing image. he then gifted the print to me
wow
amazing image. he then gifted the print to me
wow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mar 18th 12 5:36 am
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 23rd 06 12:52 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII
I just got the idea to drink tea out of this large bizen guinomi. Worked pretty well! 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII
My new pot!
100ml pot that has been used for Sheng .


Apr 2nd 12 8:59 pm
Vendor Member
Posts: 608
Joined: Feb 5th 10 10:32 pm
Location: San Diego, California
Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII
It's not a pot or a cup but I didn't know where else to post this.
Oni Arare Tetsubin with fukuro tsuru by Kunzan
Holds 1.8 liters, 60.8 ounces. This is where all my tea begins, HOT WATER, I have upgraded from a smaller tetsubin to this one and I am ever so glad I did. This kettle really is a piece of art, I love the sound it makes when it is heating on the burner, and yes you can really taste a difference in the water. Does it make tea taste better? Well it certainly brings out some more character and adds and great emphasis to the finish. plus the water stays hot for a LONG time.

great attention to detail, this is true craftsmanship!

Here you cans see the mushi kui or "bug bite marks" this is a special feature for kettles with hollow handles.

and of course it has picked up the initial rust, it is too early for scale to have developed.

Oni Arare Tetsubin with fukuro tsuru by Kunzan
Holds 1.8 liters, 60.8 ounces. This is where all my tea begins, HOT WATER, I have upgraded from a smaller tetsubin to this one and I am ever so glad I did. This kettle really is a piece of art, I love the sound it makes when it is heating on the burner, and yes you can really taste a difference in the water. Does it make tea taste better? Well it certainly brings out some more character and adds and great emphasis to the finish. plus the water stays hot for a LONG time.

great attention to detail, this is true craftsmanship!

Here you cans see the mushi kui or "bug bite marks" this is a special feature for kettles with hollow handles.

and of course it has picked up the initial rust, it is too early for scale to have developed.

Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII
I am too contented with my electric kettles to justify investing in such a lovely tetsubin--it deserves to go where it will be loved and used properly.
I just posted a few more views of new teawares from Petr Novak here in his topic, including this lovely shiboridashi

and more of this subtle beauty by Shawn McGuire is in the Greenwood Studios topic, along with my first Raptor!

I just posted a few more views of new teawares from Petr Novak here in his topic, including this lovely shiboridashi

and more of this subtle beauty by Shawn McGuire is in the Greenwood Studios topic, along with my first Raptor!

Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII
I had been admiring the work of this potter for a while, waiting for just the right piece....and then this feathery, shimmery, marvelously drippy cup appeared, and though it is small, it just perfectly holds the contents of my Petr Novak shiboridashi:

Feathery

Drippy

Psychedelic

The drips are crystal clear inside

The feathery red looks lovely against the pale green interior

So happy to have found this piece, and want to give the appropriate credit: Mago's ebay listing says it is by "ceramicist name" Yoshi/3rd Touichi (real name Yoshiki Yamane).
What does 'ceramicist name' indicate here? And would it be more proper to credit it to Yoshi, the 3rd Touichi or Yoshiki Yamane?

Feathery

Drippy

Psychedelic

The drips are crystal clear inside

The feathery red looks lovely against the pale green interior

So happy to have found this piece, and want to give the appropriate credit: Mago's ebay listing says it is by "ceramicist name" Yoshi/3rd Touichi (real name Yoshiki Yamane).
What does 'ceramicist name' indicate here? And would it be more proper to credit it to Yoshi, the 3rd Touichi or Yoshiki Yamane?
Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII
I just love this style. I was just lucky enough to go and visit her kiln when I was in Japan a couple of months ago, and even took a ceramic class (I made a yunomi and a rice bowl which should be fired soon)
Your photos are incredible as always.
About your question, I think the potter name is just her professionnal name, like a novelist or a journalist could have. She is the thrid artist to run this kiln after her late husband (2nd toichi) passed away, and his father before him. As she is a very simple and kind lady, you could refer her work as Yoshiko Yamane's.
Your photos are incredible as always.
About your question, I think the potter name is just her professionnal name, like a novelist or a journalist could have. She is the thrid artist to run this kiln after her late husband (2nd toichi) passed away, and his father before him. As she is a very simple and kind lady, you could refer her work as Yoshiko Yamane's.
Apr 8th 12 5:14 pm
Posts: 13
Joined: Mar 12th 12 8:34 pm
Location: Seagrove, North Carolina
Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII
Nice...a healthy use ...Now show us the rest of your Guimnomi collection...if I may be so bold to ask.Saladin wrote:I just got the idea to drink tea out of this large bizen guinomi. Worked pretty well!
...Jeff...
Apr 8th 12 5:29 pm
Posts: 509
Joined: Oct 8th 10 10:59 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Germany
Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVII
Beautiful cup and intimidating photography skills, debunix.
In a way, the quality of the pictures you take kind of keeps me from posting more pictures myself since mine are just poorly composed, crappy phone pictures
I like Yoshi's work as well. I see that I'm probably going to have to try to outbid some of you guys in the future
In a way, the quality of the pictures you take kind of keeps me from posting more pictures myself since mine are just poorly composed, crappy phone pictures
I like Yoshi's work as well. I see that I'm probably going to have to try to outbid some of you guys in the future