Dec 29th 11 3:49 pm
Posts: 50
Joined: Dec 29th 11 1:36 pm
Location: Malaysia

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by ArNg » Dec 29th 11 3:49 pm

Hi everyone. I'm new here and would like to share some of my pots. This is one of them.
Clay: Hong Ni.
Size: 150 ml
Age/Year: Modern- late 2000's.
Walls: Thick
Pour: +/- 13 sec. No drips. Good lid fit.
Source: Purchased in Malaysia
Tea Pairing:DHP, TKY
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dec 29th 11 3:59 pm
Posts: 50
Joined: Dec 29th 11 1:36 pm
Location: Malaysia

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by ArNg » Dec 29th 11 3:59 pm

This is one of my favourite because of the detailed art work on the rat.
Clay: Duan Ni
Size: 200 ml
Age/Year: Unknown
Walls: Medium
Pour: +/- 11 sec. No drips. Good lid fit.
Source: Purchased in Malaysia
Tea Pairing:Green Pu erh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dec 29th 11 4:27 pm
Posts: 50
Joined: Nov 3rd 09 5:06 pm
Location: Russia, Siberia

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by Serg » Dec 29th 11 4:27 pm

ArNg wrote:This is one of my favourite because of the detailed art work on the rat.
Beautiful pot indeed! Is it made by some well known modern master?

Dec 30th 11 12:37 am
Posts: 50
Joined: Dec 29th 11 1:36 pm
Location: Malaysia

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by ArNg » Dec 30th 11 12:37 am

Hi Serg,
I'm not too sure. Athough I did not pay a premium price for it, the art work is really good. I have seen similar pot in that price range and the details and art work aren't that good. The person that sold it to me wasn't helpful either as they were not knowledgeable. They did say that maker produce each pot every year with the respective zodiac though but I could not locate this kind of pot with the same kind of style. Duan ni or not I'm not too sure as I read somewhere, duan ni don't stain. Mine stains near the opening where the lid goes.

Dec 30th 11 12:47 am
Posts: 50
Joined: Dec 29th 11 1:36 pm
Location: Malaysia

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by ArNg » Dec 30th 11 12:47 am

Clay: Hei Ni.
Size: 150 ml
Age/Year: Modern- late 2000's.
Walls: Thin
Pour: +/- 10 sec. No drips. Good lid fit.
Source: Purchased in Malaysia
Tea Pairing:Shou Pu erh
This is a mass production pot with a ball filter. Pours very well and smooth. Although it's more suited to light roasted oolong and green tee as it has very thin walls I still use it because of the size. Might want to shop for a smaller pot for my shou pu erh.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dec 30th 11 12:30 pm
Posts: 50
Joined: Dec 29th 11 1:36 pm
Location: Malaysia

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by ArNg » Dec 30th 11 12:30 pm

Clay: Zhu Ni tiao sa. High fired.
Size: 200 ml
Walls: Thin(single hole)
Pour: +/- 10 sec. No drips. Good lid fit.
Source: Purchased in Malaysia
Tea Pairing: Taiwan high mountain tea

Can someone help me to translate what is written at the bottom of the pot? Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dec 30th 11 12:35 pm
Posts: 50
Joined: Dec 29th 11 1:36 pm
Location: Malaysia

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by ArNg » Dec 30th 11 12:35 pm

Clay: Zhu Ni tiao sa. High fired.
Size: 200 ml
Walls: Medium
Pour: +/-13 sec. No drips. Good lid fit.
Source: Purchased in Malaysia
Tea Pairing: Shu pu erh

Can someone help me translate what it says on the wall of the lid and also at the bottom of the pot? Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Dec 30th 11 3:20 pm
Posts: 4536
Joined: Apr 1st 09 4:48 am
Location: Bangkok

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by Tead Off » Dec 30th 11 3:20 pm

nice teapots. Those deep lidded pots are an older style that you don't see a lot of in modern pots.

User avatar
Dec 30th 11 7:53 pm
Posts: 702
Joined: Sep 4th 10 10:25 pm
Scrolling: scrolling
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by the_economist » Dec 30th 11 7:53 pm

I like that zhuni tiaosha pair, very pretty!

User avatar
Dec 30th 11 10:46 pm
Posts: 1784
Joined: Jul 9th 09 3:39 am
Location: Maui
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by tingjunkie » Dec 30th 11 10:46 pm

Welcome ArNg, and nice pots! As the owner of real pet rats, I have a soft spot for any rattie teaware! :D

Dec 31st 11 5:37 am
Posts: 50
Joined: Dec 29th 11 1:36 pm
Location: Malaysia

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by ArNg » Dec 31st 11 5:37 am

Hey guys, thanks for making feel welcomed. Auhckw have seen my other pots in our local forum. I'm in the midst of looking for a smaller pot to brew my shu pu erh. I should be getting it before Chinese New Year that falls on the 22nd Jan 2012.
Here is a pot which is similar to TIM's collection but of different colour. I'm not sure what clay is it but I will appreciate opinions on what clay it's made of.
Clay:No Idea
Capacity:120ml
Pour:12sec +/-
Tea Pairing: Sheng Pu erh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ArNg on Dec 31st 11 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dec 31st 11 5:39 am
Posts: 50
Joined: Dec 29th 11 1:36 pm
Location: Malaysia

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by ArNg » Dec 31st 11 5:39 am

Continued.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Dec 31st 11 6:04 am
Posts: 589
Joined: Dec 13th 10 7:04 pm
Location: Seattle
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by hopeofdawn » Dec 31st 11 6:04 am

Wow, gorgeous pots! And I love the delicacy of the sculpting on the last--those fish are really neat. I've never seen them on both the lid and the feet before ...

Sadly, I can't help with the type of clay--though just from the pictures, it looks rather sandy--some kind of zisha maybe?

User avatar
Dec 31st 11 6:05 am
Posts: 852
Joined: Mar 5th 10 3:07 am
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by Poohblah » Dec 31st 11 6:05 am

Woah, I really like that clay. Who cares if it brews tea, it looks awesome 8)

User avatar
Dec 31st 11 1:53 pm
Posts: 2794
Joined: Oct 17th 08 1:01 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Arlington, VA
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by Drax » Dec 31st 11 1:53 pm

Wow, great pots, ArNg, thanks for sharing!

I really enjoy that one with goldfish, too. Maybe it's also because I'm a Pisces and it reminds me of the two fish (on the lid there). Very cool, and a great size for personal use!