New to the forums

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.


Jun 8th, '06, 05:55

New to the forums

by Deleted User #1235 » Jun 8th, '06, 05:55

Hey all, just found these forums..just got the sampler pack with the glass tea pot...what a cool idea. been drinking regular tea all my life till my mom showed me some british breakfast from republic of tea... loved it and just tried some from Harney and sons, big red sun is great..and now Adagio..love black teas, just trying to figure out what exactly is that taste i dont like in some teas...i think its assam ..anyways, the waters boiling in the kitchen so later

Porky 8)

User avatar
Jun 8th, '06, 14:56
Posts: 40
Joined: May 11th, '06, 23:38
Location: College Station, TX
Contact: studio271

by studio271 » Jun 8th, '06, 14:56

Welcome!

Glad to see you enjoy the teas, hope you enjoy your stay in the forums, and please do watch out for the shrimplings.

...

*hugs his teas*

-> Drew

User avatar
Jun 8th, '06, 16:46
Posts: 328
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 14:05
Location: Philadelphia
Contact: klemptor

by klemptor » Jun 8th, '06, 16:46

Welcome!
I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form.

Jun 8th, '06, 17:16

by Richard » Jun 8th, '06, 17:16

Welcome, new person!

Have you tried the yunnan gold? You should try the yunnan gold!

User avatar
Jun 8th, '06, 17:54
Posts: 88
Joined: Jan 16th, '06, 16:02
Location: everywhere
Contact: peachaddict

by peachaddict » Jun 8th, '06, 17:54

Welcome, Porky :D Glad to see a new tea lover here!
"Oh, those are my subconscious thoughts. I shouldn't listen too hard if I were you. I'm not all that proud of some of them." - Doctor Who

Jun 8th, '06, 20:35
Posts: 27
Joined: Apr 28th, '06, 20:37
Location: Berkeley, CA

by Darth Jeeling » Jun 8th, '06, 20:35

добры пожаловать!

since English seems to be covered!
:)
' '...why this pain? If it would only cease just for a moment!' and he moaned. Peter turned towards him. 'It's all right. Go and fetch me some tea.' '

-The Death of Ivan Ilyich, Leo Tolstoy

Jun 8th, '06, 23:33

by Deleted User #1235 » Jun 8th, '06, 23:33

Hey Thanks, i orderd the ingenious little tea brewing cup and samples so maybe yunnan gold will be amonst them...

Jun 9th, '06, 10:19

by Richard » Jun 9th, '06, 10:19

With that you're actually gonna get Yunnan Jig, which is good too. Yunnan Gold is like Yunnan Jig times five.

User avatar
Jun 9th, '06, 14:13
Posts: 248
Joined: Jul 9th, '05, 00:55

by teaspoon » Jun 9th, '06, 14:13

Hola! Guten tag! That's about as international as I can get...

Always good to see a new person on zee board. You should also try the kukicha. Definitely the kukicha.

~teaspoon
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Jun 9th, '06, 17:13

by Deleted User #115 » Jun 9th, '06, 17:13

Welcome! I love Assam teas too, but like you I first liked the flavor in other blended teas and didn't know what it was. Anyhow, let us know if you have any questions. Or search through the old threads, there's a lot of good stuff there.

Jun 9th, '06, 23:04
Posts: 1
Joined: Jun 5th, '06, 20:16
Location: Wixom, Michigan

by Skordog » Jun 9th, '06, 23:04

teaspoon wrote: You should also try the kukicha. Definitely the kukicha.

~teaspoon
Teaspoon, I have never had kukicha. Just read the description. What exactly is it that you like about it? Do the twigs really add an additional flavor?

User avatar
Jun 10th, '06, 01:46
Posts: 248
Joined: Jul 9th, '05, 00:55

by teaspoon » Jun 10th, '06, 01:46

Kukicha has a little more body than your average green tea, I find. It's a little more earthy, not as grassy to me as other Japanese greens like sencha. I think perhaps the term would be "woody" but I'm not sure. I don't know tea terminology. Does that help at all?

~tsp
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

User avatar
Jun 12th, '06, 09:18
Posts: 328
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 14:05
Location: Philadelphia
Contact: klemptor

by klemptor » Jun 12th, '06, 09:18

Kukicha is also one of my favorites. I find it to have a nutty, sweet taste.
I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form.

User avatar
Jun 12th, '06, 15:38
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Been thanked: 2 times

by Chip » Jun 12th, '06, 15:38

teaspoon wrote:Kukicha has a little more body than your average green tea, I find. It's a little more earthy, not as grassy to me as other Japanese greens like sencha. I think perhaps the term would be "woody" but I'm not sure. I don't know tea terminology. Does that help at all?

~tsp
Correct me if I am wrong, isn't kukicha available green and roasted. I have the roasted. It is nice in the evening do to low caffeine content...or so I have read. But it has a nice mellow toasty flavor. The unroasted would obviously taste quite different.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

+ Post Reply