Dear Santa

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.


User avatar
Jun 22nd, '09, 13:46
Posts: 443
Joined: Jun 1st, '09, 10:50
Location: Idaho

by depravitea » Jun 22nd, '09, 13:46

TomVerlain wrote: like 100 year old gaiwans.
I would really be interested in seeing those, if posting a picture is something you'd consider.

I have 2 regular teapots - nothing fancy, the ingenuitea, a little yixing tepaot I found on ebay, and a couple of gaiwans I found on amazon a few year ago...

I use the gaiwans more than all of the other things combined, they're probably my favorite way to make tea. Seeing some old ones would be pretty cool.

Jun 22nd, '09, 20:25

by Deleted User #17777 » Jun 22nd, '09, 20:25

I got this at best tea house in vancouver, posted in the ubiquitous "show off your pots & cups" thread. It is fairly large, but I like it, as it holds about what my yixing holds. (120-150 ml)

Image

Image




Here are more pictures of the store, with some shots of other gaiwans for sale.

http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?t=8731

Mine is a little beat up, but that adds "character" - (meaning not as expensive)

User avatar
Jun 24th, '09, 10:41
Posts: 443
Joined: Jun 1st, '09, 10:50
Location: Idaho

by depravitea » Jun 24th, '09, 10:41

That is excellent. The painting on it is so interesting! I know what you're saying about how character = affordable, but really, I think that the majority of things look better somehow when the're a bit used. I bet a hundred years ago, when this was brand new, it wasn't as interesting. The old man with the beard is by far the cooler of the two (imho.)
Thanks for taking the time to repost them in this thread.
"The only thing that will redeem mankind is cooperation." - Bertrand Russell

User avatar
Jun 24th, '09, 10:57
Posts: 5151
Joined: Dec 20th, '06, 23:33
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Been thanked: 1 time

by Salsero » Jun 24th, '09, 10:57

depravitea wrote: Thanks for taking the time to repost them in this thread.
+1

I love seeing that gaiwan. Do you actually brew tea in it?

Jun 24th, '09, 20:58

by Deleted User #17777 » Jun 24th, '09, 20:58

yep - like brewing tea in it. I post pics this weekend

+ Post Reply