2 Huang Zhi DanCongs from TeaHabitat

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

May 17th, '09, 17:46
Scrolling: scrolling

by Herb_Master » May 17th, '09, 17:46

#######

When selecting Country to deliver to it also listed USA

The first page I opened had highlighted "We now deliver to ALL countries"
Best wishes from Cheshire

May 18th, '09, 01:40

by Oni » May 18th, '09, 01:40

I read on certain sites that the kettle for gong fu cha should be around 4 linag, that is around 200 ml, so it is good for 2 infusions, after that one should replenish them kettle, and of course a charchoal stove is essential, the chao zhou stove set is perfect in size, and I asked Imen from teahabitat if this kettle is right for every type of tea that can be made gong fu method, he replied positively that it is good for every oolong and puerh, less recomended for green tea, and I saw this kettle on sevencups site in some pictures about dancong, they are not selling it nor mentioning it, but they use it at the tea making to brew some tea, and I saw the picture that local people use it there too, so I think that stove would greatly improve my tea, and I would need a tetsubin too, that I can use on the same stove, and I would use the tetsubin for the kinds of tea that benefits from it and the ceramic kettle for the type of tea that is most suited for it.

Jul 12th, '09, 00:25

by Bubba_tea » Jul 12th, '09, 00:25

FWIW - Imen recommended a tea for me - 2004 Wild Hong Cha Tou. Wild is the particularly interesting part of the description. Looks like something that was swept up by a leaf blower... :) It's a bit sweet and wild tasting (only way I know how to describe it - bit bit like drinking a cup of oolong in the PNW woods). I need more time with it to get a feel for it, but it was a good recommendation for sure. I had particular asked Imen for a tea that I could just throw in a cup and brew all day while adding water as the day went on. She told me to use a gram and brew it all day long - that's more my style during the busy day (when gong fu cha isn't feasible).
請进,請坐,請喝茶!!!

Jul 12th, '09, 00:55

by Salsero » Jul 12th, '09, 00:55

A gram in how much water? That sounds like WonderTea.

Jul 13th, '09, 06:26

by Herb_Master » Jul 13th, '09, 06:26

Salsero wrote:A gram in how much water? That sounds like WonderTea.
+1

I may have mistreated mine :(

In an order from Imen that contained a couple of ounces of several of her teas, she threw in a small sample of the Wild tea. I was experimenting with heavy packing my Yixings at the time I decide to try the sample. I put the whole sample in a pot and it was still not as densely packed as my then current ratio. I upped the steep times as expected but did not get wowed by the results.

Maybe you can elucidate how you get the best out of it!
Best wishes from Cheshire

Jul 14th, '09, 17:55

by Bubba_tea » Jul 14th, '09, 17:55

I hope Imen doesn't mind my quoting here here:
Everyday drinking tea, believe it or not, is still old single bush DCs. They won't turn bitter or astringent no mater how long you leave them steeping, vs commercial DC is trickier to brew both in a mug or Gong Fu. I use 1 g of tea in a large gaiwan, and drink it all day long at work.
That's exactly what I wanted. I wasn't looking for a tea par excellence... just an everyday tea that was good. I'm drinking while rushing around at work and the stuffed gaiwan gong fu brewing was a mess... half the time I would come back a half hour later and forget I had the bloody tea steeping the whole time!

When I was in acupuncture school, I noticed that some of the Taiwanese students or professors from China would have a plastic sports bottle with tea leaves in them all day long and they would sip on that all day. I find that pretty nifty for being on the go while allowing enjoyment of the tea at the same time... maybe not an ethereal zen appreciation of the universe kind of thing, but a brief distraction of enjoyment as the day goes on!

+ Post Reply