Tea's life long lover

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Dec 4th, '09, 05:11

Tea's life long lover

by tropicanahana » Dec 4th, '09, 05:11

Hi I'm Hana! I'm part new yorker, part pole, part indian by association, and part south carolinian? (100% gypsy lol) I live in Charleston SC now!

I've enjoyed a nice cup of tea all 21 years of my life! I've always been given cups of tea in my child hood to help warm up winters, and would help my mom make iced tea in the summer. It was always Lipton's Orange Pekoe! When I was 12 we discovered republic of tea. I guess it wasn't popular then, certainly not like now, in fact we saw their tea tins of raspberry quince and mango on sale at a hotel gift shop for 4 dollars!! This was my introduction to flavored tea.

My love for tea came a long way. Today I'm really interested in different leaves and tea regions as well as different methods of preparing tea (I love indian tea and bubble tea!!) and cultural traditions surrounding tea. I most recently started enjoying loose leaf teas which has opened many new doors!

My mom, aunt, and I want to open up a tea house when my mom retires! I have lots of studying and researching to do before then!!

My favorite teas are ti kaun yin oolong, green tea with peach by eastern shore co, earl gray/lady gray, and darjeeling.

One tea I don't think I've ever had is English Breakfast tea. What is English breakfast tea anyway?? Also I never had purr-erh which I'm VERY curious about but it is hard to find, mysterious, confusing, pricey, my head is spinning!

If you are still on this page, thanks for getting through all that lol, and nice to meet you!!

*Hana*

Dec 4th, '09, 10:50

Re: Tea's life long lover

by olivierco » Dec 4th, '09, 10:50

Welcome!

Dec 4th, '09, 11:25
Scrolling: scrolling

by Mrs. Chip » Dec 4th, '09, 11:25

Hi Hana, welcome to TeaChat. Thanks for sharing your background with us. I am looking forward to getting to know you. See you around 'the forum'.

Dec 4th, '09, 11:55

by Chip » Dec 4th, '09, 11:55

Welcome Hana to TC. I am looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

English breakfast was once simply Keemun Black tea from China. While I like Keemun quite a bit, I am not so enthralled by the blends that taste watered down, which they often are today in order to reduce cost and create a milder smoother tea.

There is an English Breakfast topic under Black Teas.

Dec 4th, '09, 13:52

by Victoria » Dec 4th, '09, 13:52

Hello and welcome to the forum!
TKY oolong is a favorite of mine too. :)

Dec 5th, '09, 19:52

by chris&amy » Dec 5th, '09, 19:52

Welcome Hana! Glad you are here and look forward to seeing you around!

Chris

+ Post Reply