on the other side... 'strong/power' ?That's why I got it - the hippy tetsubin... 'flower power'!!
on the other side... 'strong/power' ?Nice link....... thanks.chamekke wrote:IMore examples here:
http://www.otomiya.com/kamon/plant/tachibana.htm
I ask this question because according to the Hojo God, the scale build up can actually act against the new water introduced into the kettle because the scale is from a different water source. I have no way of knowing if this is true or not, so I am asking if this has been an issue for users or not.tenuki wrote:Deal? That is the good stuff man..Tead Off wrote: How do you deal with the rust and scale issues of the antique ones?
http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=10768Tead Off wrote:Gingko,
Thanks for posting this.
Why don't you try to sell some of your work through the artist site on this board? I don't see any link to your work for pieces for sale. Did I miss it?
You are not able to suppress it but you can edit it.ginkgo wrote:How can i suppress my message ? Nadacha ask to delete it and i don't find haow ! thanks a lot !!!
Try these:Oni wrote:But the only place I have seen antique tetsubin was nadacha.co.uk, the tetsubins are expenceive but I have no other shop to compare the prices.










I have to agree with Marshal here. I have a couple of cheap Tetsubin. 1 marked "Made in Japan" dating it post 1952. Another from a antiques dealer from, which they estimated was 50s plus. Both make good water for tea. One thing, however, AN does not sell too much over "Japanese price" I've seen some of the pieces he sells for a bit less than he does and a bit more than he does.MarshalN wrote:Oni, I must strongly disagree with your statement here. Every single one of my antique tetsubins are under $200, and I can guarantee you they do something to my water. I've done blind taste test with people who have no idea what to expect and the answer is the same.
Price is NOT a good indicator of quality. Just because something is $500 does not mean it's authentic. With antiques, if you know where to look, how to look, and what to look for, you can find relatively cheap things for a great bargain.
The vendors you've linked to all charge at least 200% margin on their wares. Just because you don't have a way to find them for Japanese local prices doesn't mean anything cheaper is definitely fake or bad.
Once again, high price is not a reliable indicator of quality. It will serve you well to remember that.