Relative to other tea companies, comparing to similar types of tea from other companies, I find the Adagio teas to all follow a similar pattern:
- They are all intensely aromatic.
- The aromas tend to be very fruity and at times almost candy-like.
- The aromas tend to be a bit ethereal, evaporating on the tongue into a clean, almost bland aftertaste.
- The flavors tend to be much sweeter and less bitter.
- They all brew a very clear liquor.
- They all tend on the thin-bodied side.
Is it just the peculiar teas I ordered?
I'm particularly thinking of comparing the honeybush to other honeybush, the pouchong to other pouchong, and the Oolong #18 to other Dong Ding's. The Dancong Aria or Xue Ya ballad I haven't tried anything similar to but they also seemed to fit that pattern. The Xue Ya ballad so far is my favorite tea and seems to deviate most from the pattern described above. I haven't tried the Rooibos yet but the aroma of the dry leaf seems to fit this pattern too.