Increased shipping for "Rural" deliveries?

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Feb 21st, '10, 10:22

Increased shipping for "Rural" deliveries?

by Schrammy » Feb 21st, '10, 10:22

Okay, so where I'm getting my shipments done is in the middle of no where, but I wouldn't have put an extra $2 charge for delivery here! My college has at LEAST 3 UPS deliveries a day, so they're not going out of their way to bring them here. Plus, the center where they are is in Frederick, MD, which is a rather large city.
Is there anyway that you can look into this? I think it's unfair that I have to pay more on this website for delivery, but on other sites, I don't.

Feb 21st, '10, 11:08
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Increased shipping for "Rural" deliveries?

by bsteele » Feb 21st, '10, 11:08

I think it's unfair that I have to pay more on this website for delivery, but on other sites, I don't.
From Adagio's website: "If your zip code is on UPS's rural list, a $2 surcharge will apply."

So the charge is straight from UPS and Adagio passes it on to the customer to pay-- they aren't just making it up ;). You may (unknowingly) or may not be paying that surcharge (directly at least... they may embed extra costs in their products to keep shipping low... but they have to make up for it somewhere) when you pay on other websites.

Adagio charges a flat rate for shipping for everyone-- $3.75 is a pretty sweet deal, and $5.75 with the surcharge is pretty great too. And that's good ol UPS ground service. Some places (tea and otherwise) make me pay $5-$10 for the same exact service.
Last edited by bsteele on Feb 21st, '10, 11:28, edited 4 times in total.

Feb 21st, '10, 11:15

by Schrammy » Feb 21st, '10, 11:15

I know, but I've never paid an extra fee for it. =\

Feb 21st, '10, 16:32

by geeber1 » Feb 21st, '10, 16:32

I also wondered about it when I first started ordering from Adagio, but like bsteele says above, you are probably paying it in other instances, but aren't told about it. Maybe Adagio does this so we know that UPS adds on in addition to their low shipping cost? $5.75 is still a low shipping price to pay to anywhere in the U.S.

+ Post Reply