Qi!

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Sep 9th, '10, 21:21

Re: Qi!

by bagua7 » Sep 9th, '10, 21:21

I wouldn't compare the negative effect of alcohol (yang-fire) with all the goodies that tea really delivers. Personally I wouldn't touch it with a 10m pole, especially if you are born in a fire year (ending 6 & 7).

Sep 10th, '10, 13:37

by TwoPynts » Sep 10th, '10, 13:37

mayayo wrote:I wouldn't compare the negative effect of alcohol (yang-fire) with all the goodies that tea really delivers. Personally I wouldn't touch it with a 10m pole, especially if you are born in a fire year (ending 6 & 7).
I don't think it is a direct comparison. Tea wins in the healthful benefit department for sure. I was born in '71, whew ...I can safely consume alcohol!
:P

Sep 14th, '10, 01:57

by Tead Off » Sep 14th, '10, 01:57

Mr. Usaji wrote:I tend to think "cha qi" is a placebo effect. I mean, obviously tea causes physical and mental reactions, due to caffeine and a variety of other chemicals. But the idea that each tea has unique effects located at specific points in the body seems pretty doubtful to me. It's sort like of how some people think different alcoholic drinks cause different kinds of drunkenness, even though all alcohol is the same; the only difference is in their expectations.

A heaviness between the ears? Hmm...
Let's face it, the experience of cha qi is not exactly like Kensho while sitting in a Zendo or on your couch watching TV. Of course tea like everything else affects one's body whether it's the liver or big toe of the left foot. People make it into something much more mysterious and 'sacred' than it is. Then, there are the different definitions of what cha qi is or isn't. More thinking, more searching, less present to the vital force running through the body and universe. Just breathe. :D

Sep 14th, '10, 12:09

by TwoPynts » Sep 14th, '10, 12:09

Tead Off wrote:...Just breathe. :D
Thanks for the reminder.
:lol:

Sep 16th, '10, 02:07

by bagua7 » Sep 16th, '10, 02:07

TwoPynts wrote:
mayayo wrote:...I was born in '71, whew ...I can safely consume alcohol! :P
Metal year. Metal and Fire are enemies (Ko cycle). :lol:

You are a pig, so your water energy can handle alcohol way better than a fire horse like myself. :wink:

Sep 16th, '10, 11:07

by TwoPynts » Sep 16th, '10, 11:07

mayayo wrote:
TwoPynts wrote:
mayayo wrote:...I was born in '71, whew ...I can safely consume alcohol! :P
Metal year. Metal and Fire are enemies (Ko cycle). :lol:

You are a pig, so your water energy can handle alcohol way better than a fire horse like myself. :wink:
And in Western Astrology I am also an Aquarius. Two wins for water!
Now I just have to decide if i prefer being called a pig, porker, swine, or hog. Boar, I think I'll go with boar.
:lol:

+ Post Reply