User avatar
Mar 2nd, '11, 21:49
Posts: 21656
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

by Chip » Mar 2nd, '11, 21:49

We begin a new chapter, you can visit where we left off here:
http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 84#p190284

"A Journey into the TeaCave ..." Part 1.

The shelves hold the wooden boxes (sans the signed lids) that these pieces came in ... works nicely for displaying when you have a LOT to display.

This is where we sit for tea ... the pieces shown here, 80% are from the Hagi SO program, but not all the Hagi SOs are here.

Image

User avatar
Mar 2nd, '11, 21:55
Posts: 1590
Joined: Dec 30th, '08, 21:16
Location: The foot of the great Smoky Mountains

NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI ...

by iannon » Mar 2nd, '11, 21:55

looks like its about time for a cave cleaning clearout sale!

User avatar
Mar 2nd, '11, 21:56
Posts: 21656
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

by Chip » Mar 2nd, '11, 21:56

iannon wrote:looks like its about time for a cave cleaning clearout sale!
I think you have me confused with Ambrose! :mrgreen:

Part 2 tomorrow ... followed by ......................

User avatar
Mar 2nd, '11, 21:57
Posts: 1590
Joined: Dec 30th, '08, 21:16
Location: The foot of the great Smoky Mountains

Re: NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

by iannon » Mar 2nd, '11, 21:57

Chip wrote:
iannon wrote:looks like its about time for a cave cleaning clearout sale!
I think you have me confused with Ambrose! :mrgreen:

Part 2 tomorrow ... followed by ......................
....the clearance sale!

User avatar
Mar 2nd, '11, 22:41
Vendor Member
Posts: 1521
Joined: Nov 13th, '09, 10:16
Location: Guilin, Guangxi China
Contact: IPT

Re: NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

by IPT » Mar 2nd, '11, 22:41

very nice!

User avatar
Mar 2nd, '11, 22:50
Posts: 21656
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

by Chip » Mar 2nd, '11, 22:50

iannon wrote:
Chip wrote:
iannon wrote:looks like its about time for a cave cleaning clearout sale!
I think you have me confused with Ambrose! :mrgreen:

Part 2 tomorrow ... followed by ......................
....the clearance sale!
But don't you know by now, Hagi never goes on sale! :(

Thanks IPT. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Mar 3rd, '11, 01:07
Posts: 333
Joined: May 3rd, '10, 14:40
Location: Ulsan, South Korea
Contact: karmaplace

Re: NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

by karmaplace » Mar 3rd, '11, 01:07

Chip wrote:"A Journey into the TeaCave ..." Part 1.

Image
I strive to having something this beautiful in my home someday. :cry:

User avatar
Mar 3rd, '11, 01:28
Posts: 21656
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

by Chip » Mar 3rd, '11, 01:28

karmaplace wrote:I strive to having something this beautiful in my home someday. :cry:
You have some lovely pieces already ... and more coming very soon! :wink: :mrgreen:

User avatar
Mar 3rd, '11, 01:51
Posts: 333
Joined: May 3rd, '10, 14:40
Location: Ulsan, South Korea
Contact: karmaplace

Re: NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

by karmaplace » Mar 3rd, '11, 01:51

Chip wrote:You have some lovely pieces already ... and more coming very soon! :wink: :mrgreen:
I know. I was referring to my wish for a cat-free zone where I can display them. :lol: My cat likes to play the "push and pull things off shelves" game. :roll:

User avatar
Mar 3rd, '11, 02:00
Posts: 21656
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

by Chip » Mar 3rd, '11, 02:00

karmaplace wrote:
Chip wrote:You have some lovely pieces already ... and more coming very soon! :wink: :mrgreen:
I know. I was referring to my wish for a cat-free zone where I can display them. :lol: My cat likes to play the "push and pull things off shelves" game. :roll:
Ohhhh, there is cat protection built into this that does not meet the eye. And is one reason why this is a DVD/CD unit versus a deep bookshelf ... if you catch my drift!?! :mrgreen: :idea: :wink:

User avatar
Mar 3rd, '11, 02:03
Posts: 477
Joined: Aug 6th, '10, 03:45
Location: Norway

Re: NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

by Nenugal » Mar 3rd, '11, 02:03

Chip wrote:"A Journey into the TeaCave ..." Part 1.

The shelves hold the wooden boxes (sans the signed lids) that these pieces came in ... works nicely for displaying when you have a LOT to display.

This is where we sit for tea ... the pieces shown here, 80% are from the Hagi SO program, but not all the Hagi SOs are here.

Image
As previously mentioned in an alternate universe: Ooh shiny... *-*

Just wondering, if the signed lids are stored separately, how do you keep track of which lid belongs to which piece?

User avatar
Mar 3rd, '11, 02:09
Posts: 21656
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

by Chip » Mar 3rd, '11, 02:09

Nenugal wrote:As previously mentioned in an alternate universe: Ooh shiny... *-*

Just wondering, if the signed lids are stored separately, how do you keep track of which lid belongs to which piece?
:shock: Oh SHIT! :shock:

OK, I actually have the lids all stacked together with a note for each lid. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Mar 3rd, '11, 03:20
Posts: 1082
Joined: Oct 6th, '09, 08:08
Location: France
Contact: David R.

Re: NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

by David R. » Mar 3rd, '11, 03:20

I guess the question is : how many parts of this "Journey into the Tea Cave" will there be !?!

Another one could be : how many will it take for my jaw not te be able to climb up ever again ! :lol:

User avatar
Mar 3rd, '11, 04:12
Posts: 333
Joined: May 3rd, '10, 14:40
Location: Ulsan, South Korea
Contact: karmaplace

Re: NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

by karmaplace » Mar 3rd, '11, 04:12

David R. wrote:I guess the question is : how many parts of this "Journey into the Tea Cave" will there be !?!

Another one could be : how many will it take for my jaw not te be able to climb up ever again ! :lol:
I'm still stumbling from Part One. :lol: I may have to join iannon in a "Clearance Sale" chant. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Mar 3rd, '11, 06:04
Posts: 512
Joined: Oct 8th, '10, 06:59
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Germany

Re: NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

by Stentor » Mar 3rd, '11, 06:04

Love it, Chip, a beautiful collection.
Also, nice tease by showing only a little of the other shelves in the background :)
Many more parts to come I hope!

P.S. Nice thermometer friendly yuzamashi :)

Locked