Mar 24th, '11, 07:42

Re: How do I use a tea-tin correctly?

by Chasm » Mar 24th, '11, 07:42

Rayuela wrote:@Chip

I'm no expert, but it seems to me that the problem is less how much air there is in the tin, than how much surface area of tealeaf is exposed to the air and whether that air circulates. Maybe quantity of air is a problem, but I expect it's more that by the time the level of tea goes down a much higher proportion of it is exposed, so it loses taste.

Just a thought...
Both are a factor. The end goal remains the same -- keep the amount of air exposure to a minimum unless you are airing the tea for some specific purpose. Every time you open the container, it gets more exposure.

Mar 30th, '11, 21:41

Re: How do I use a tea-tin correctly?

by fire_snake » Mar 30th, '11, 21:41

Thanks for all the kind responses, folks.

Funny thing is, the tea canisters weren't the problem. They were fine. It turns out it was me. Shortly before the alleged issue with the canisters arose, I had some chicken that either was not cooked properly or had something wrong with it. The result, for whatever reason, was that I was left with a metallic taste in my mouth for about two days. Sounds silly, but it's true. At least I assume it was the chicken.

In any case, false alarm. I do, however, plan to get better canisters. There's a lot to choose from.

Cheers

Christian

+ Post Reply