Sat/Sun TeaDay 8/20/11 TEA/pot/cups?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Which do you collect more of, TEA, Teapots, Teacups, other Tea-Related item? Please be sure to share.

TEA
12
52%
Teapots
3
13%
Teacups
7
30%
Other
1
4%
 
Total votes: 23

User avatar
Aug 22nd, '11, 01:41
Posts: 5896
Joined: Jan 10th, '10, 21:04
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Sat/Sun TeaDay 8/20/11 TEA/pot/cups?

by debunix » Aug 22nd, '11, 01:41

Probably more cups than pots, because it's easier to justify to myself (different sizes/shapes for different teas) and harder to resist 'just one more' that varies in shape/glaze/maker from the rest.

This weekend, I've mostly been drinking the 97 Wild YiWu puerh from auhckw, which kept me in a lot of tea over three days. But of course I've also had some sencha (still working on the "Aoi" from O-Cha; some Yunnan silver needle from Norbu; Huang Jin Gui and Jin Guan Yin oolongs from Norbu, including iced; and now some Tai Pin Hou Kui from Jing Tea Shop. A very nice tea weekend, with the one puerh sometimes alternating infusions with the green oolongs, nicely counterbalancing all of them. That's one powerful puerh.

User avatar
Aug 22nd, '11, 02:03
Posts: 2228
Joined: Jul 22nd, '09, 14:55
Location: Capital of the Mitten
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Sat/Sun TeaDay 8/20/11 TEA/pot/cups?

by AdamMY » Aug 22nd, '11, 02:03

I definitely collect far more cups. That being said Teapots may soon be on the rise, but likely not for awhile yet.

User avatar
Aug 22nd, '11, 07:15
Posts: 468
Joined: Aug 6th, '10, 07:45
Location: Norway

Re: Sat/Sun TeaDay 8/20/11 TEA/pot/cups?

by Nenugal » Aug 22nd, '11, 07:15

Cups for me too. Today I had fukamushi sencha and sheng, and finally some darjeeling.

Aug 23rd, '11, 14:52
Posts: 205
Joined: Mar 16th, '11, 17:11

Re: Sat/Sun TeaDay 8/20/11 TEA/pot/cups?

by Chasm » Aug 23rd, '11, 14:52

If you count a set of cups as one item, I'm not sure which I have more of -- cups or infusion vessels. I've been trying to keep both under control.

Aug 23rd, '11, 14:53
Posts: 205
Joined: Mar 16th, '11, 17:11

Re: Sat/Sun TeaDay 8/20/11 TEA/pot/cups?

by Chasm » Aug 23rd, '11, 14:53

Is a chawan a cup or a pot? Because it's really both. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Aug 23rd, '11, 15:43
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 23rd, '06, 00:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Sat/Sun TeaDay 8/20/11 TEA/pot/cups?

by Chip » Aug 23rd, '11, 15:43

Chasm wrote:Is a chawan a cup or a pot? Because it's really both. :mrgreen:
Hm, this question has come up before. Sort of philosophical. I would say it is more so a cup since you do not brew matcha. However I could understand the other side.