Hi from San Jose, California

Please introduce yourself here to our membership


User avatar
Sep 12th, '11, 16:35
Posts: 8
Joined: Sep 12th, '11
Location: San Jose, CA

Hi from San Jose, California

by Suteishi » Sep 12th, '11, 16:35

Hello everyone. I'm new and trying to connect to the tea community. I hope there are some tea fanatics near me. :)

Sep 12th, '11, 19:12
Posts: 24
Joined: Aug 26th, '11
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Contact: Mintaka

Re: Hi from San Jose, California

by Mintaka » Sep 12th, '11, 19:12

Hi, I'm new here too. Unfortunately I am quite far away, in Alaska!

Welcome. :)

User avatar
Sep 12th, '11, 19:23
Posts: 8
Joined: Sep 12th, '11
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Hi from San Jose, California

by Suteishi » Sep 12th, '11, 19:23

Thanks! :)

User avatar
Sep 12th, '11, 20:10
Posts: 5867
Joined: Jan 10th, '10
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact: debunix

Re: Hi from San Jose, California

by debunix » Sep 12th, '11, 20:10

Welcome! There is a good-sized California contingent here, but we're scattered up and down the state.

What kind of tea do you like to drink? We can still help you connect to sources and suppliers even from a longer distance away.

User avatar
Sep 13th, '11, 11:14
Posts: 8
Joined: Sep 12th, '11
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Hi from San Jose, California

by Suteishi » Sep 13th, '11, 11:14

debunix wrote:Welcome! There is a good-sized California contingent here, but we're scattered up and down the state.

What kind of tea do you like to drink? We can still help you connect to sources and suppliers even from a longer distance away.
I've tried a little of everything and have found that the only thing I don't like is scented/flavored tea. I am especially interested in puerh though, it is unlike anything I have ever tasted before.

User avatar
Sep 13th, '11, 16:40
Posts: 5867
Joined: Jan 10th, '10
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact: debunix

Re: Hi from San Jose, California

by debunix » Sep 13th, '11, 16:40

Suteishi wrote:I've tried a little of everything and have found that the only thing I don't like is scented/flavored tea. I am especially interested in puerh though, it is unlike anything I have ever tasted before.
You've already found the puerh topics, so that's a good start. Most of the vendors that carry puerh samples will also have lots of other good teas, so add one or two other interesting things to each puerh order and you'll have a great start on exploring other teas too.

I'm a tea almost-omnivore myself, avoiding only the flavored teas and western-style black teas. I drink a little of almost everything else.

User avatar
Sep 14th, '11, 03:49
Posts: 477
Joined: Aug 6th, '10
Location: Norway

Re: Hi from San Jose, California

by Nenugal » Sep 14th, '11, 03:49

Welcome to the forum :)

User avatar
Sep 14th, '11, 08:45
Posts: 2240
Joined: Jul 22nd, '09
Location: Capital of the Mitten
Contact: AdamMY

Re: Hi from San Jose, California

by AdamMY » Sep 14th, '11, 08:45

Welcome Suteishi. There are few states (if any) in the US that have a better tea culture than California, the biggest problem with California is it is such a large state.

User avatar
Sep 14th, '11, 12:00
Mod/Admin
Posts: 21640
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Hi from San Jose, California

by Chip » Sep 14th, '11, 12:00

Welcome to TeaChat Suteishi.

I am looking forward to seeing you around our forum. There's lots to learn about tea, you came to the right place.

Debunix gave you good advice, you should take it slowly and branch out to other teas in a timely manner. When I first discovered loose leaf tea I literally went crazy and the result was many teas I did not like and lots of teas that ended up stale.

However, these teas did come to good use, I started a TeaBath reserve! :mrgreen:

Sep 15th, '11, 01:17
Posts: 1
Joined: Sep 15th, '11

Re: Hi from San Jose, California

by SouthBayLadiesTea » Sep 15th, '11, 01:17

Hi,

I'm a tea drinker in San Jose! There are actually a lot of us. I'm also the San Jose Tea Examiner and the director of a tea hobby club, the South Bay Ladies' Tea Guild, that meets every month. Next month we're celebrating the centennial of women having the right to vote in California. We're planning a Woman's Suffrage march through downtown San Jose and ending up at Satori Tea Bar for tea. You're welcome to join us! We're on Facebook and we have a blog/website called The Cup That Cheers where I post about our upcoming events as well as tea and history information.

Elizabeth Urbach

User avatar
Sep 15th, '11, 11:37
Posts: 8
Joined: Sep 12th, '11
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Hi from San Jose, California

by Suteishi » Sep 15th, '11, 11:37

SouthBayLadiesTea wrote:Hi,

I'm a tea drinker in San Jose! There are actually a lot of us. I'm also the San Jose Tea Examiner and the director of a tea hobby club, the South Bay Ladies' Tea Guild, that meets every month. Next month we're celebrating the centennial of women having the right to vote in California. We're planning a Woman's Suffrage march through downtown San Jose and ending up at Satori Tea Bar for tea. You're welcome to join us! We're on Facebook and we have a blog/website called The Cup That Cheers where I post about our upcoming events as well as tea and history information.

Elizabeth Urbach
How wonderful! I didn't know we had anything like that in San Jose. I will be sure to look you guys up!

Oct 27th, '11, 02:25
Posts: 26
Joined: Oct 16th, '11
Location: Berkeley, CA
Contact: djlau

Re: Hi from San Jose, California

by djlau » Oct 27th, '11, 02:25

Hi! I'm up in Berkeley but originally from the peninsula. Lots of tea drinkers up here in SF and Berkeley for sure. Make your way up to some of the tea houses here!

+ Post Reply