User avatar
Sep 1st, '11, 19:35
Posts: 319
Joined: Nov 21st, '10, 20:00

Re: What Black (Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by SlientSipper » Sep 1st, '11, 19:35

Sichuan Golden Tips Supreme from Plymouth teas.

I think this tea is stale (thought that from when I first opened it)
somewhat hearty. Not too strong and a nice character.

I perfer Yunnan Blacks.

Sep 15th, '11, 13:42
Posts: 364
Joined: Dec 29th, '09, 12:49
Location: Nor Cal

Re: What Black (Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by NOESIS » Sep 15th, '11, 13:42

Sun Moon Lake red tea from EoT. Substantial, yet refined.

User avatar
Sep 15th, '11, 14:50
Vendor Member
Posts: 2009
Joined: Apr 4th, '06, 15:07
Location: NYC
Contact: TIM

Re: What Black (Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by TIM » Sep 15th, '11, 14:50

The LaLu, Sun Moon Lake old bush red jade 2011. Drinking the packaging...

User avatar
Sep 15th, '11, 15:40
Mod/Admin
Posts: 21655
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: What Black (Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by Chip » Sep 15th, '11, 15:40

TIM wrote: Drinking the packaging...
:shock:

User avatar
Sep 15th, '11, 16:03
Vendor Member
Posts: 2009
Joined: Apr 4th, '06, 15:07
Location: NYC
Contact: TIM

Re: What Black (Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by TIM » Sep 15th, '11, 16:03

the whole thing is a packaging scram.... all is about graphic design and packaging, as usual :lol:

User avatar
Sep 15th, '11, 16:08
Mod/Admin
Posts: 21655
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: What Black (Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by Chip » Sep 15th, '11, 16:08

TIM wrote:the whole thing is a packaging scram.... all is about graphic design and packaging, as usual :lol:
Hm, so you were drawn in by the packaging? And let down by the tea?

User avatar
Sep 15th, '11, 16:14
Posts: 1335
Joined: May 27th, '09, 16:55

Re: What Black (Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by teaisme » Sep 15th, '11, 16:14

which company did you get from Tim?

User avatar
Sep 15th, '11, 16:40
Vendor Member
Posts: 2009
Joined: Apr 4th, '06, 15:07
Location: NYC
Contact: TIM

Re: What Black (Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by TIM » Sep 15th, '11, 16:40

teaisme wrote:which company did you get from Tim?
This was from the Lalu resort. They only sell it to their customers.

User avatar
Sep 15th, '11, 21:53
Posts: 4584
Joined: Apr 1st, '09, 00:48
Location: Bangkok

Re: What Black (Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by Tead Off » Sep 15th, '11, 21:53

TIM wrote:
teaisme wrote:which company did you get from Tim?
This was from the Lalu resort. They only sell it to their customers.
Where is Lalu resort?

Sep 16th, '11, 16:16
Posts: 364
Joined: Dec 29th, '09, 12:49
Location: Nor Cal

Re: What Black (Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by NOESIS » Sep 16th, '11, 16:16

More of the EoT Sun Moon Lake red. This is the best Taiwanese red tea that I've had. Here is an interesting article dealing with this particular tea.
http://www.essenceoftea.co.uk/blog/cate ... moon-lake/

User avatar
Sep 17th, '11, 00:32
Posts: 4584
Joined: Apr 1st, '09, 00:48
Location: Bangkok

Re: What Black (Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by Tead Off » Sep 17th, '11, 00:32

NOESIS wrote:More of the EoT Sun Moon Lake red. This is the best Taiwanese red tea that I've had. Here is an interesting article dealing with this particular tea.
http://www.essenceoftea.co.uk/blog/cate ... moon-lake/
It sounds like they are no longer hand processing the teas since he expanded. I have some of the older, hand processed one. I wonder if the taste will change with the new tea.

User avatar
Sep 17th, '11, 01:44
Posts: 1438
Joined: Jul 21st, '10, 02:25
Location: Oz

Re: What Black (Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by bagua7 » Sep 17th, '11, 01:44

Noesis,

What is this Taiwanese red tea like? Are there any similarities to the Chinese reds like Keemun or Yixing?

Cheers.

Sep 17th, '11, 01:48
Posts: 364
Joined: Dec 29th, '09, 12:49
Location: Nor Cal

Re: What Black (Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by NOESIS » Sep 17th, '11, 01:48

Tead Off wrote:
NOESIS wrote:More of the EoT Sun Moon Lake red. This is the best Taiwanese red tea that I've had. Here is an interesting article dealing with this particular tea.
http://www.essenceoftea.co.uk/blog/cate ... moon-lake/
It sounds like they are no longer hand processing the teas since he expanded. I have some of the older, hand processed one. I wonder if the taste will change with the new tea.
Was wondering the same thing. I have the '10 version. Hope the new, machine-processed crop is as tasty.
Last edited by NOESIS on Sep 17th, '11, 01:56, edited 1 time in total.

Sep 17th, '11, 01:56
Posts: 364
Joined: Dec 29th, '09, 12:49
Location: Nor Cal

Re: What Black (Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by NOESIS » Sep 17th, '11, 01:56

bagua7 wrote:Noesis,

What is this Taiwanese red tea like? Are there any similarities to the Chinese reds like Keemun or Yixing?

Cheers.
Maybe a wee bit like Yixing red in the malty aspect, but not the subtle smoky character of a fine Keemun. Imagine a sweeter, more refined fine estate Assam tea. There is definitely a tannic/astringent element, but not the sharpness that is often present in Assam. From my perspective, the tannins balance very nicely with the honey/malt notes, and keep this tea from getting boring, like so many hong chas can be.

User avatar
Sep 17th, '11, 20:51
Posts: 1438
Joined: Jul 21st, '10, 02:25
Location: Oz

Re: What Black (Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by bagua7 » Sep 17th, '11, 20:51

Thanks Noesis. I will order some and see how I like it. Cheers.

+ Post Reply