Stale tea

For general/other topics related to tea.


User avatar
Sep 30th, '11, 14:25
Posts: 85
Joined: Sep 2nd, '11
Location: City by the Bay

Stale tea

by DarkenedSun » Sep 30th, '11, 14:25

My mother gave me a bunch of tea recently and it's all stale. Anyone have any ideas of what I can do with it? I hate the thought of throwing it away but I certainly do not want to drink it. :roll:

User avatar
Sep 30th, '11, 14:46
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22836
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Stale tea

by Chip » Sep 30th, '11, 14:46

DarkenedSun wrote:My mother gave me a bunch of tea recently and it's all stale. Anyone have any ideas of what I can do with it? I hate the thought of throwing it away but I certainly do not want to drink it. :roll:

The infamous TeaBath! Quite serious actually. :mrgreen: :idea:

Sep 30th, '11, 15:12
Posts: 511
Joined: Oct 7th, '09
Location: South Carolina

Re: Stale tea

by bryan_drinks_tea » Sep 30th, '11, 15:12

if it's bagged tea, I don't know what to tell you. If it's loose leaf, try warming it briefly in an oven.

User avatar
Sep 30th, '11, 15:54
Posts: 85
Joined: Sep 2nd, '11
Location: City by the Bay

Re: Stale tea

by DarkenedSun » Sep 30th, '11, 15:54

Chip wrote:
DarkenedSun wrote:My mother gave me a bunch of tea recently and it's all stale. Anyone have any ideas of what I can do with it? I hate the thought of throwing it away but I certainly do not want to drink it. :roll:

The infamous TeaBath! Quite serious actually. :mrgreen: :idea:

Due to recent surgery, a tea bath is not possible for the rime being. :wink: Then again, it's already stale... why not let it sit a while longer! :lol:

User avatar
Sep 30th, '11, 19:36
Posts: 775
Joined: Jan 27th, '09
Location: Alice's Tea Party

Re: Stale tea

by woozl » Sep 30th, '11, 19:36

Compost.

User avatar
Oct 1st, '11, 11:07
Posts: 1298
Joined: Nov 7th, '07

Re: Stale tea

by JRS22 » Oct 1st, '11, 11:07

woozl wrote:Compost.


Why didn't I think of that when I was cleaning out the tea cabinet? I suspect that my other rejects could go out in the yard as-is just like other dry leaves.

Oct 5th, '11, 01:15
Posts: 32
Joined: Oct 4th, '11

Re: Stale tea

by Ostara » Oct 5th, '11, 01:15

yup thats what i did with tea I didnt like or that I was done with. I had a worm bin that i just threw everything into but sadly enough my worms died so im just tossing it in the trash now :(

User avatar
Nov 25th, '11, 20:54
Posts: 111
Joined: Nov 20th, '11
Location: Nirvana

Re: Stale tea

by sencha » Nov 25th, '11, 20:54

Ostara wrote:yup thats what i did with tea I didnt like or that I was done with. I had a worm bin that i just threw everything into but sadly enough my worms died so im just tossing it in the trash now :(

Must have been pretty bad tea if the worms died. :P

+ Post Reply