What is Honeybush?

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.


User avatar
Aug 28th, '05, 22:49
Posts: 90
Joined: Aug 25th, '05, 23:33
Location: Gator Country
Contact: Ric

What is Honeybush?

by Ric » Aug 28th, '05, 22:49

What is Honeybush?

User avatar
Aug 28th, '05, 23:00
Posts: 225
Joined: Jul 15th, '05, 19:36
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact: PeteVu

by PeteVu » Aug 28th, '05, 23:00

honeybush is an african herbal infusion. like roobios, it has no caffine while still providing antioxidants. from what ive heard it has less "bite" than tea, which has more tannis.

User avatar
Aug 28th, '05, 23:07
Posts: 90
Joined: Aug 25th, '05, 23:33
Location: Gator Country
Contact: Ric

by Ric » Aug 28th, '05, 23:07

PeteVu wrote:honeybush is an african herbal infusion. like roobios, it has no caffine while still providing antioxidants. from what ive heard it has less "bite" than tea, which has more tannis.
Okay,

So honeybush is not roobios (which I love to drink), what is the taste of honeybush like? (I know that's like trying to tell someone blind from birth what the color red looks like, but maybe you can compair or something?)

User avatar
Aug 29th, '05, 09:12
Posts: 225
Joined: Jul 15th, '05, 19:36
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact: PeteVu

by PeteVu » Aug 29th, '05, 09:12

i have no idea what honeybush tastes like.

User avatar
Aug 29th, '05, 14:57
Posts: 277
Joined: Jun 9th, '05, 11:09
Location: NJ
Contact: chris

by chris » Aug 29th, '05, 14:57

Honeybush tastes similar to Rooibos... a little more earthy and medicinal, though (that's why we don't sell it!).

Hope this helps,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

User avatar
Aug 29th, '05, 20:08
Posts: 90
Joined: Aug 25th, '05, 23:33
Location: Gator Country
Contact: Ric

by Ric » Aug 29th, '05, 20:08

chris wrote:Honeybush tastes similar to Rooibos... a little more earthy and medicinal, though (that's why we don't sell it!).

Hope this helps,

Chris
Adagio Maestro
Thanks Chris!

That's right, you all don't sell honeybush.

User avatar
Aug 29th, '05, 20:08
Posts: 90
Joined: Aug 25th, '05, 23:33
Location: Gator Country
Contact: Ric

by Ric » Aug 29th, '05, 20:08

PeteVu wrote:i have no idea what honeybush tastes like.
Ditto.

Sep 21st, '05, 01:42

by aptivapeople » Sep 21st, '05, 01:42

I hove no idea what you mean by medicinal. The honeybush i have had is most excellent. certainly equal in taste to rooibos(which i love btw). If I had to discribe the taste, i would say that it is a close cousin to rooibos, it shares many of the same notes. It can be brewed at least 5 times (i usually get 7 good pots). While being very similer to rooibos it does have a more complex flaver with more what i would call mild spices/herbal taste (yes it is hard to describe) The smell is really what i like about it though, the fragrance is very unique and apetizing for lack of a better word. Maybe this will help and also show that someone who buys from adagio actually DOES like honeybush and wouldnt mind seeing them get some.

User avatar
Sep 21st, '05, 20:27
Posts: 90
Joined: Aug 25th, '05, 23:33
Location: Gator Country
Contact: Ric

by Ric » Sep 21st, '05, 20:27

aptivapeople wrote:I hove no idea what you mean by medicinal. The honeybush i have had is most excellent. certainly equal in taste to rooibos(which i love btw). If I had to discribe the taste, i would say that it is a close cousin to rooibos, it shares many of the same notes. It can be brewed at least 5 times (i usually get 7 good pots). While being very similer to rooibos it does have a more complex flaver with more what i would call mild spices/herbal taste (yes it is hard to describe) The smell is really what i like about it though, the fragrance is very unique and apetizing for lack of a better word. Maybe this will help and also show that someone who buys from adagio actually DOES like honeybush and wouldnt mind seeing them get some.
Thanks for the 411!

With the way you discribed Honeybush - I will buy some! :!:

User avatar
Sep 23rd, '05, 00:34
Posts: 225
Joined: Jul 15th, '05, 19:36
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact: PeteVu

by PeteVu » Sep 23rd, '05, 00:34

its name alone makes me want to try a cup.

User avatar
Sep 23rd, '05, 20:35
Posts: 90
Joined: Aug 25th, '05, 23:33
Location: Gator Country
Contact: Ric

by Ric » Sep 23rd, '05, 20:35

PeteVu wrote:its name alone makes me want to try a cup.
Yeppers, me too. :wink:

User avatar
Dec 20th, '05, 12:29
Posts: 406
Joined: Jun 15th, '05, 21:35
Location: Norristown, PA
Contact: jogrebe

by jogrebe » Dec 20th, '05, 12:29

chris wrote:Honeybush tastes similar to Rooibos... a little more earthy and medicinal, though (that's why we don't sell it!).

Hope this helps,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Good choice, around a year or so somebody gave me a box of Rooibox Honeybush teabags and they were so bad I gave them away after a few cups.

User avatar
Dec 20th, '05, 19:18
Posts: 90
Joined: Aug 25th, '05, 23:33
Location: Gator Country
Contact: Ric

by Ric » Dec 20th, '05, 19:18

jogrebe wrote:
chris wrote:Honeybush tastes similar to Rooibos... a little more earthy and medicinal, though (that's why we don't sell it!).

Hope this helps,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Good choice, around a year or so somebody gave me a box of Rooibox Honeybush teabags and they were so bad I gave them away after a few cups.
Well,

I have not tried the honeybush yet, I've been on a white tea kick for the past few months.

Dec 28th, '05, 03:50

by john » Dec 28th, '05, 03:50

I find honeybush to have a natural honey flavor, whereas rooibos has a natural vanilla taste. Honeybush is OK, but I rarely choose it over rooibos.

User avatar
Dec 29th, '05, 19:10
Posts: 90
Joined: Aug 25th, '05, 23:33
Location: Gator Country
Contact: Ric

by Ric » Dec 29th, '05, 19:10

john wrote:I find honeybush to have a natural honey flavor, whereas rooibos has a natural vanilla taste. Honeybush is OK, but I rarely choose it over rooibos.
I do believe I am hearing more cons than pros for honeybush. :)

+ Post Reply