NEW: OTTI 12 Zencha Kagoshima Introduction

"Official Tea Tasting Initiative" Teas shared & discussed.


User avatar
Mar 16th, '12, 14:21
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22836
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: NEW: OTTI 12 Zencha Kagoshima Introduction

by Chip » Mar 16th, '12, 14:21

SilentChaos wrote:*drools....looks like Christmas..... :mrgreen:

Christmas has to wait, no package #2 today. :evil:

Stentor wrote:
Chip wrote:Now the hard part begins. Prelim tastings!!! Brutal job, but alas someone has to do it. :mrgreen: 8) :lol:


Poor Chip, I'm sure we all feel so very sorry for you to have to do this :mrgreen:

Thanks for the update :wink:

... harder yet ... to taste and not tell ... :twisted:

User avatar
Mar 16th, '12, 16:02
Posts: 556
Joined: Oct 8th, '10
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Germany

Re: NEW: OTTI 12 Zencha Kagoshima Introduction

by Stentor » Mar 16th, '12, 16:02

Chip wrote:... harder yet ... to taste and not tell ... :twisted:


OK, that is legitimately hard :)

User avatar
Mar 18th, '12, 00:54
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22836
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: NEW: OTTI 12 Zencha Kagoshima Introduction

by Chip » Mar 18th, '12, 00:54

Stentor wrote:
Chip wrote:... harder yet ... to taste and not tell ... :twisted:


OK, that is legitimately hard :)

Harder yet is waiting for package #2. Package #1 arrived on Wednesday. :cry:

Hoping it arrives on Monday!

User avatar
Mar 18th, '12, 01:02
Vendor Member
Posts: 433
Joined: Feb 2nd, '12
Location: RSA
Contact: SilentChaos

Re: NEW: OTTI 12 Zencha Kagoshima Introduction

by SilentChaos » Mar 18th, '12, 01:02

Chip wrote:
Stentor wrote:
Chip wrote:... harder yet ... to taste and not tell ... :twisted:


OK, that is legitimately hard :)

Harder yet is waiting for package #2. Package #1 arrived on Wednesday. :cry:

Hoping it arrives on Monday!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Arriveeeeeee!!! :evil: :evil: *cursing the lords of the postal service

Mar 23rd, '12, 04:49
Posts: 39
Joined: Jan 5th, '12
Location: Austria

Re: NEW: OTTI 12 Zencha Kagoshima Introduction

by aeflo » Mar 23rd, '12, 04:49

has package #2 arrived already?
need some tea badly :)

User avatar
Mar 23rd, '12, 08:20
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22836
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: NEW: OTTI 12 Zencha Kagoshima Introduction

by Chip » Mar 23rd, '12, 08:20

Good news bad news ... Package #2 was declared lost. Package #2(b) was resent on Monday, Japan time. I hope to receive it on Monday or Tuesday.

Sorry for the delay. If everything had worked out perfectly, everyone would have their samples by now. :evil:

User avatar
Mar 23rd, '12, 09:18
Posts: 2376
Joined: Jul 22nd, '09
Location: Capital of the Mitten
Contact: AdamMY

Re: NEW: OTTI 12 Zencha Kagoshima Introduction

by AdamMY » Mar 23rd, '12, 09:18

Chip wrote:Good news bad news ... Package #2 was declared lost. Package #2(b) was resent on Monday, Japan time. I hope to receive it on Monday or Tuesday.

Sorry for the delay. If everything had worked out perfectly, everyone would have their samples by now. :evil:



Such is life, here is to hoping the new package does not suffer the same fate.

User avatar
Mar 23rd, '12, 09:50
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22836
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: NEW: OTTI 12 Zencha Kagoshima Introduction

by Chip » Mar 23rd, '12, 09:50

I imagine the original package #2 is sitting in some huge bin or room somewhere for some reason. It will show up maybe one day ... but this package had a kilo of sencha in it ... ouch! :cry:

User avatar
Mar 23rd, '12, 09:57
Posts: 2923
Joined: Oct 16th, '08
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Arlington, VA
Contact: Drax

Re: NEW: OTTI 12 Zencha Kagoshima Introduction

by Drax » Mar 23rd, '12, 09:57

Wow, that doesn't seem to happen too often... in a twisted sense, sort of better to have it happen with something actually replaceable (as opposed to pottery).

And in another twisted sense, gives me more time to clear more of the ungainly number of samples of pu'erh that I have built up.....! :D

User avatar
Mar 23rd, '12, 10:17
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22836
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: NEW: OTTI 12 Zencha Kagoshima Introduction

by Chip » Mar 23rd, '12, 10:17

It is likely that the package was either returned to sender or like I said is sitting somewhere with a bazzilion other parcels anywhere between Zencha and here.

Zencha actually read this topic, their customer service person is a member of TeaChat. After seeing the switching of the to and from labels in my photo, I was contacted immediately. They apologized for the mistake, and offered to replace the missing package promptly, which they did.

It is amazing that one package arrived without any delay ... and the other went poof.

User avatar
Mar 23rd, '12, 13:01
Posts: 1300
Joined: Nov 7th, '07

Re: NEW: OTTI 12 Zencha Kagoshima Introduction

by JRS22 » Mar 23rd, '12, 13:01

Maybe I'll have my Seong-il houhin in time for the OTTI...

User avatar
Mar 23rd, '12, 13:13
Posts: 714
Joined: Jan 9th, '10
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: NEW: OTTI 12 Zencha Kagoshima Introduction

by sherubtse » Mar 23rd, '12, 13:13

Chip wrote:Zencha actually read this topic, their customer service person is a member of TeaChat. After seeing the switching of the to and from labels in my photo, I was contacted immediately. They apologized for the mistake, and offered to replace the missing package promptly, which they did.


Sounds like they have good customer service, which moves them up in my rankings. As mentioned previously, I will be reading the feedback to the OTTI with much interest.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

User avatar
Mar 27th, '12, 21:28
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22836
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: NEW: OTTI 12 Zencha Kagoshima Introduction

by Chip » Mar 27th, '12, 21:28

sherubtse wrote:
Chip wrote:Zencha actually read this topic, their customer service person is a member of TeaChat. After seeing the switching of the to and from labels in my photo, I was contacted immediately. They apologized for the mistake, and offered to replace the missing package promptly, which they did.


Sounds like they have good customer service, which moves them up in my rankings. As mentioned previously, I will be reading the feedback to the OTTI with much interest.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Yes, they have excellent customer service! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Mar 27th, '12, 21:31
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22836
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: NEW: OTTI 12 Zencha Kagoshima Introduction

by Chip » Mar 27th, '12, 21:31

Package #2 (b) arrived today! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Package 2(a) never did arrive. I hate to see great tea get wasted.

... stay tuned for shipping updates.

Mar 28th, '12, 04:50
Posts: 1566
Joined: Mar 19th, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: On the couch
Contact: Proinsias

Re: NEW: OTTI 12 Zencha Kagoshima Introduction

by Proinsias » Mar 28th, '12, 04:50

Good stuff, looking forward to trying the last of the 2011 greens.

Thanks Chip

+ Post Reply