Photobucket Phobic

Forum problem solving, rules, contact information

May 17th, '12, 15:02
Scrolling: scrolling

Photobucket Phobic

by Chip » May 17th, '12, 15:02

PB recently completely revamped their editing tools.

I have not embraced these new changes. The old way was at least pretty intuitive and relatively simple ... you could figure it out right away.

Today my photos are not even displaying in edit for whatever reason.

This new change is the reason I have not personally posted hardly any photos since the change. I get a headache just thinking about having to edit photos. :evil:

I am wondering if I am alone in these sentiments?

May 17th, '12, 18:49

Re: Photobucket Phobic

by Chip » May 17th, '12, 18:49

OK ... finally coming to terms with this change. :roll:

May 24th, '12, 07:58

by Drax » May 24th, '12, 07:58

Glad to hear it, Chip :wink:

Actually your post is quite timely... I had been using Flikr, but I've quickly come to the 200 photo limit (or whatever it is), and I've basically abruptly stopped because I didn't want to have to deal with it.

Unfortunately, I really haven't had any time to find a better setup. Is photobucket good? I should probably do a wholesale switch, but I don't want to have to keep doing such a thing...

May 24th, '12, 11:01

by Chip » May 24th, '12, 11:01

Well, a nice thing about PB, no limits on photos, period. However, PB does seem to cause my PC to freeze up, even more so lately.

I need the no limits for all the Hagi SOs, etc. They have really improved the upload process, used to always have failed uploads whenever I was uploading a lot of photos. They seem to have fixed that. And very fast.

The ads are a real pain, but I don't pay anything. I could go pro I guess ...

What is the 200 limit on flickr?

May 24th, '12, 11:41

by Drax » May 24th, '12, 11:41

Good to know, thanks! I will check it out.

I don't recall the exact specifics, but there's some sort of max on the number of photos you can have uploaded at any time (or at least, it's something like that). I don't recall whether it just started removing your earlier ones, or keeps them, but doesn't 'link' them anymore.... I vaguely recall geekgirl warning about that, and now I'm near that limit.

Maybe it's all changed since I started worrying about it.... :lol:

May 24th, '12, 11:50

by debunix » May 24th, '12, 11:50

Chip wrote:What is the 200 limit on flickr?
If you don't have a paid account, flickr will only allow other people to see your 200 most recent photos, but you can keep uploading indefinitely. You can only upload so many at once. For $39/year, you get unlimited uploads and storage, and some other perks that I can't remember now.

May 24th, '12, 19:29

by Drax » May 24th, '12, 19:29

Yeah, that's it... I didn't want old photos that I had linked here to start being "blanks".... so I've stopped at 198. :D

May 24th, '12, 20:41

by Chip » May 24th, '12, 20:41

Drax wrote:Yeah, that's it... I didn't want old photos that I had linked here to start being "blanks".... so I've stopped at 198. :D
Ah haaaah!

In PB, I simply created a new album named "TC" which has all the TC posted photos. So I know I just leave those alone in perpetuity. However I just know one day they will suddenly say, "newly imposed limits, pay up or lose 'em."

May 25th, '12, 00:13
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » May 25th, '12, 00:13

I was lazy to deal with photos even when photobucket was better. But now, I feel what sometimes makes it slow is the mandatory video commercials on it. I hate to be captive audience. But I don't have much experience with many other photo host sites and don't know if everyone would use some mandatory commercials anyway.

May 25th, '12, 09:48

by Chip » May 25th, '12, 09:48

*curses the PB ads!!!!*

They are indeed horrid. They seem to be intuitutive, knowing where my cursor is going and anticipating where I am about to click ... then the suddenly ad expands without warning, and I accidently click on the ad!!!! Like some sick video game they are playing on us!

I sense the evil web designers are laughing at us ... all the way to the bank.

I am surprised that the no limit is not so overly abused by "negative elements" who are trying to bring them down.

May 25th, '12, 10:03
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » May 25th, '12, 10:03

Chip wrote: I sense the evil web designers are laughing at us ... all the way to the bank.
:lol:
I don't know if they did any market research on people's average response to different ad. styles. Maybe they did and found such kind of ads. work well :?: But for me, this would make me memorize a company so well that I would make sure I stay away from their products. As happened with Ask tool bar on my computer! :twisted: Yeah I'm not computer-intelligent to get rid of it, but it's there to remind me of always staying away from ask.com :twisted:

May 25th, '12, 11:38

by Chip » May 25th, '12, 11:38

gingkoseto wrote:
Chip wrote: I sense the evil web designers are laughing at us ... all the way to the bank.
:lol:
I don't know if they did any market research on people's average response to different ad. styles. Maybe they did and found such kind of ads. work well :?: But for me, this would make me memorize a company so well that I would make sure I stay away from their products. :twisted:
Likewise. No warm fuzzy feelings with this ad tactic, if anything I curse the advertisers right along with PB. :roll: Somehow I don't think they were after a gag reflex reaction ...

Jun 7th, '12, 00:19
Vendor Member

by TwoDog2 » Jun 7th, '12, 00:19

Does anyone on here use imgur for image sharing? It is by far my favorite website - although it is not as easy to keep whole albums as flickr or PB

+ Post Reply