Artisans share their Teaware Art.
Someone was doubt if I was female. I am FEMALE!
Workers were picking tea, only the buds were selected.
- Workers were picking tea in the tea trees
- Picking tea.JPG (76.42 KiB) Viewed 1908 times
Tea leaves in the basket were the picked ones. All these were the buds then in early spring.
- Tea in the basket were the picked one. All these were the buds then in early spring.
- Selected tea.JPG (52.12 KiB) Viewed 1904 times
The buds of the tea trees as mentioned above~
- The buds of the tea trees as mentioned above~
- Tea.JPG (51.31 KiB) Viewed 1904 times
The shop assistant of Yang Xian Tea Company showed us both black and red teas, both in two different kinds.
- Black and red teas
- grenn and black tea.jpg (20.59 KiB) Viewed 1898 times
Two different types of Yi Xing Black tea in colors, shapes, the ways of making them, aroma. The friend liked the left one, while I like the right one.
- Two different types of Yi Xing Black tea.
- Two different types of black tea.JPG (34.41 KiB) Viewed 1897 times
One of the green tea, delicious~ It smells so nice!
- One of the green tea, delicious~
- green tea.JPG (34.05 KiB) Viewed 1897 times
The following pumpkin teapots are my father's new work which are very very difficult to make. I just post to show the beautiful work instead of selling them. In fact, they are already been ordered by someone.
- The pumkin teapot is new made in qing shui ni clay.
- pumpkin pot.jpg (19.09 KiB) Viewed 1793 times
Here is more details.
- More details of pumpkin teapot~
- pumpkin pot 2.jpg (19.26 KiB) Viewed 1793 times
This is almost the same teapot but with the handle like "gantry". I forgot to mention that the teapot has a big volume, maybe 400 ml. Also, I will show the pot in zi ni clay since my father said he would try this pot in purple clay.
- The smae pot with different handle~
- pumpkin teapot 1.jpg (21.85 KiB) Viewed 1791 times
- Still details~
- pumpkin teapot 2.jpg (19.16 KiB) Viewed 1791 times
How are the leaves made? From a mold?finddream2020 wrote:Details~
Aug 14th, '12, 10:56
Joined: Jan 10th, '10
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Aug 14th, '12, 11:28
Joined: Dec 13th, '10
Oh wow--I normally am not a huge fan of the gourd-styled pots, but that one is very lovely. I really like the fine attention to detail in the leaves and the handle!
The leaves are made from a mold, but the details of the leaves are totally made by hand. Also, the stems of the pumpkin and the insect on the lid is handmade.TokyoB wrote:How are the leaves made? From a mold?finddream2020 wrote:Details~