Hi Folks

Please introduce yourself here to our membership


User avatar
Aug 19th, '12, 14:15
Posts: 34
Joined: Aug 13th, '12, 16:10
Location: Long Island, NY (Under Protest)

Hi Folks

by rhythmaning » Aug 19th, '12, 14:15

Hello All,

New member here (Gary), hailing from the Rotten Apple. Currently residing on "Lawnguyland." :x

New to quality tea, and only recently weaned off of supermarket teabags (made the mistake of trying real tea last year - no going back, I'm afraid. Great....more stuff I can't afford.

Currently spending inordinate sums of hard earned money on Japanese pottery (....lots and lots of overtime at work these days...) Totally wracked by the Hagi flu right now, as many folks on these boards seem to have suffered from, as well.

Reading/researching/tasting my butt off for now, so still lots of dumb questions yet to come. Apologies in advance. Looking forward to socializing and learning in the wide world of tea.

Kind Regards,
Gary

User avatar
Aug 19th, '12, 14:31
Posts: 2240
Joined: Jul 22nd, '09, 10:55
Location: Capital of the Mitten
Contact: AdamMY

Re: Hi Folks

by AdamMY » Aug 19th, '12, 14:31

Wow, that might be the quickest I have ever seen a new member come down with the TAD ( Teaware Acquisition Disorder). Well you are certainly among like company, there are quite a few teaware addicts here.

User avatar
Aug 19th, '12, 14:39
Posts: 1806
Joined: Sep 15th, '09, 16:11
Location: Wilton, New Hampshire USA

Re: Hi Folks

by JBaymore » Aug 19th, '12, 14:39

Welcome to the insanity, Gary. :wink:

best,

.............john

User avatar
Aug 19th, '12, 14:41
Posts: 376
Joined: Jun 15th, '09, 07:05
Location: Lat: N 59º 37' 3.79" Long: E 17º 49' 35.49" or thereabouts

Re: Hi Folks

by sriracha » Aug 19th, '12, 14:41

rhythmaning wrote:
Currently spending inordinate sums of hard earned money on Japanese pottery (....lots and lots of overtime at work these days...) Totally wracked by the Hagi flu right now, as many folks on these boards seem to have suffered from, as well.
PHOTOS! *cough* :D

User avatar
Aug 19th, '12, 16:06
Posts: 34
Joined: Aug 13th, '12, 16:10
Location: Long Island, NY (Under Protest)

Re: Hi Folks

by rhythmaning » Aug 19th, '12, 16:06

AdamMY wrote:Wow, that might be the quickest I have ever seen a new member come down with the TAD ( Teaware Acquisition Disorder). Well you are certainly among like company, there are quite a few teaware addicts here.
:lol: Yes, Adam, the progression was swift and devastating (to my paycheck, that is.) You see, I was inoculated by the germ many years ago through my interest in Bonsai and Ikebana, which are both "pottery-heavy" pursuits. So when I stumbled on the pandora's box of teaware out there, my system was already weakened! And all I needed was a halfway plausible excuse (....."I need SOMETHING to pour my tea in, right??") to carve a swathe through the pottery market! Banzai !!

User avatar
Aug 19th, '12, 16:08
Posts: 34
Joined: Aug 13th, '12, 16:10
Location: Long Island, NY (Under Protest)

Re: Hi Folks

by rhythmaning » Aug 19th, '12, 16:08

JBaymore wrote:Welcome to the insanity, Gary. :wink:

best,

.............john
Thank you, John! Good choice of words.
Gary

User avatar
Aug 19th, '12, 16:13
Posts: 34
Joined: Aug 13th, '12, 16:10
Location: Long Island, NY (Under Protest)

Re: Hi Folks

by rhythmaning » Aug 19th, '12, 16:13

sriracha wrote:
rhythmaning wrote:
Currently spending inordinate sums of hard earned money on Japanese pottery (....lots and lots of overtime at work these days...) Totally wracked by the Hagi flu right now, as many folks on these boards seem to have suffered from, as well.
PHOTOS! *cough* :D
:lol: Ah yes, pottery-porn (P.P.)! Love it. I've been indulging in a great deal of that these days. Much of it thanks to you kind people who have posted your wares on these boards. Amazing how many hours are lost while surfing for "P.P." :wink: So rest assured, Sriracha, photos are forthcoming, as soon as I take some decent pics!

User avatar
Aug 30th, '12, 12:28
Mod/Admin
Posts: 21654
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Hi Folks

by Chip » Aug 30th, '12, 12:28

Hi rhythmaning, sorry for the late welcome to the forum. Glad to see you posting.

User avatar
Aug 30th, '12, 17:08
Posts: 154
Joined: Dec 19th, '11, 20:36
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: VA, USA

Re: Hi Folks

by Lerxst2112 » Aug 30th, '12, 17:08

Hi Rhythm! Upstate NY transplant here. 24 years. Welcome to the forum - hope to see you around!!

Peace, love, and tea -
Jess

User avatar
Sep 3rd, '12, 08:25
Posts: 34
Joined: Aug 13th, '12, 16:10
Location: Long Island, NY (Under Protest)

Re: Hi Folks

by rhythmaning » Sep 3rd, '12, 08:25

Chip wrote:Hi rhythmaning, sorry for the late welcome to the forum. Glad to see you posting.
Thanks Chip!

User avatar
Sep 3rd, '12, 08:27
Posts: 34
Joined: Aug 13th, '12, 16:10
Location: Long Island, NY (Under Protest)

Re: Hi Folks

by rhythmaning » Sep 3rd, '12, 08:27

Lerxst2112 wrote:Hi Rhythm! Upstate NY transplant here. 24 years. Welcome to the forum - hope to see you around!!

Peace, love, and tea -
Jess
Thanks, Jess!

User avatar
Sep 3rd, '12, 09:35
Vendor Member
Posts: 3028
Joined: Aug 28th, '12, 08:12
Location: Hong Kong
Contact: jayinhk

Re: Hi Folks

by jayinhk » Sep 3rd, '12, 09:35

Where in LI? I lived out in Nassau for five years. I miss the Italian food. ;)

User avatar
Sep 3rd, '12, 13:02
Posts: 34
Joined: Aug 13th, '12, 16:10
Location: Long Island, NY (Under Protest)

Re: Hi Folks

by rhythmaning » Sep 3rd, '12, 13:02

jayinhk wrote:Where in LI? I lived out in Nassau for five years. I miss the Italian food. ;)
Lindenhurst. The options for Italian are definitely better in Nassau! :wink:

User avatar
Sep 3rd, '12, 22:07
Vendor Member
Posts: 3028
Joined: Aug 28th, '12, 08:12
Location: Hong Kong
Contact: jayinhk

Re: Hi Folks

by jayinhk » Sep 3rd, '12, 22:07

Better in Suffolk than Hong Kong (where I am now), that's for sure :D Ah well, the grass (tea?) is always greener on the other side.

+ Post Reply