Back story for those who care (otherwise skip to the second part):
I got really interested in tea a few years ago. I needed something that was not water, that I could drink frequently with (ideally) no additives/calories. I eventually found my way to tea, and tried lots of different teas (only ever really seeing green and black growing up). This got me interested in loose leaf tea, which kept leading me to teavana.
I got a perfect tea maker as a gift a couple years back and have been using it on and off in excess since. Most of my teas have come from teavana when someone I knew worked there and I got everything for ~60% off. I have a few LARGE cans of tea left, but now that I'm out of college I'm trying to drink it regularly again.
I'm not a big fan of teavana's attitude or prices, and I see myself running out of tea eventually now that I'm putting a dent in the large quantities I've purchased. I've also read their teas (which I like) are not very high quality compared to other places.
Part 2 (this is the real question):
Adagio has free shipping through cyber Monday (tomorrow), I"m going to order some samples to find out what I want to place a larger order of later as I run out of tea. Help me find teas I will like.
I'm looking for cheaper/similar alternatives to the following:
- 1. Monkey picked oolong (I've read this is a TKY). I love the taste, I love getting 5-7 steeps. I hate the price. Can anyone recommend something with a similar taste at a better price?
- 2. Raspberry Soiree (a green tea with a raspberry flavor). I like this tea iced with honey. I can get 3 steeps. Can anyone compare this tea to the Adagio Rasberry Green?
- 3. Blueberry Bliss tastes great and gives ~3 steeps. Great iced with honey. Looking for a similar taste.
- 4. Weight to go (says its a PU-ERH) tastes great iced with a little honey and is supposed to be healthy/boost metabolism. Looking for a similar taste and/or tea with similar benefits.
- 5. Jasmine Dragon pearls, I think I saw this exact thing on adagio, can anyone compare them? Any cheaper teas with similar taste?
I'm not super fond of a lot of the roibos, black/earl gray, or mate teas in flavor and I try to avoid caffeine.