Adagio Tea Shortage?

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Feb 5th, '13, 11:13

Adagio Tea Shortage?

by Arshness » Feb 5th, '13, 11:13

How long does it usually take Adagio to restock on teas?
Are they usually out of this much at the same time or am I just unlucky to fall in love with their products and want more of my favorite when they just happen to be out of a larger package of all of them?

I need more Earl Grey Bravo and Chamomile especially and the're out.
They have been out of those since I started browsing the site which means a week or two. (at least, since of course I don't know if they were out of them before I came into the picture).
Is this common? Do they usually restock pretty quickly?

Feb 6th, '13, 10:52

Re: Adagio Tea Shortage?

by JRS22 » Feb 6th, '13, 10:52

Fresh teas are seasonal, so Adagio may be waiting for the spring 2013 tea harvest to stock up.

Feb 6th, '13, 11:05
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Feb 6th, '13, 11:05

Adagio also does not buy from distributors nor brokers. They buy direct from growers so this can slow the restocking process.

Feb 6th, '13, 14:35

by Arshness » Feb 6th, '13, 14:35

That doesn't really answer the question tho.
What I'm asking is...
1. Are they out of more stuff right now than is typical? (or is this normal)
2. How long does it typically take them to restock on items that are out?
3. Given the seasonal teas, when might I expect Earl Grey and Chamomile to be available again? (Or generally, when will more tea be likely to be available?)

Understand I'm not complaining. I just want to plan for more teas. :)

Feb 6th, '13, 15:28

by Chip » Feb 6th, '13, 15:28

Sorry, I do not know any specifics. Perhaps you could post this under TeaChat>Adagio>Feedback. Or I could move this topic there. Or you could contact them directly. :idea:

Feb 6th, '13, 20:17

by Arshness » Feb 6th, '13, 20:17

I was just curious what other people's experience was on that.
It's not really that important. Just wondering. I'm new to loose tea and Adagio is the first site I've taken interest in for buying tea. They were the company I found in my research for good tea at the best prices. I fell in love with their site and how awesome their offers are. :)

Anyway, I just placed a new order for teas for my birthday with the free prizes they gave for groundhog's day and superbowl squares. I got some more Earl Grey and 3 samples plus a free sample they added. That is soo cool. :) I love that they let you sample another tea free with each order if you share to facebook. Such an awesome company!

(If I'm in the wrong board, of course you can move me. I didn't mean to post in the wrong area. I thought I was in an appropriate place.)

Feb 6th, '13, 21:17

by Chip » Feb 6th, '13, 21:17

Arshness wrote:(If I'm in the wrong board, of course you can move me. I didn't mean to post in the wrong area. I thought I was in an appropriate place.)
No, this is fine ... however if you want Adagio to reply, then it is best to post under the Adagio category because they will check that more often than the rest of TeaChat.

[EDIT] I did inform them of this topic, so they may reply here ...

+ Post Reply