Apr 21st, '13, 20:11

Quality and safety of organic teas from China?

by asterix2k10 » Apr 21st, '13, 20:11

I drink Lung Ching (Dragon Well) "organic" green tea from China and other "organic" Chinese teas. I buy it from Chinatown in Los Angeles (Wing Hop Fung.) I was wondering if these teas are really okay to drink if I am concerned about heavy metal content and other contaminants. I hear organic standards in China are not the same as in the US. What are some trustworthy sources for good safe organic teas?

Apr 24th, '13, 08:28

Re: Quality and safety of organic teas from China?

by MEversbergII » Apr 24th, '13, 08:28

Lei ho! I cannot speak for that specific brand, but you may be interested in this: http://teaguardian.com/tea-health/tea-o ... XfPaKLUew0

I know I probably sound like a shill to some of the more regular people here, but I order most of my tea from TeaHong, wherein the people behind it are pretty strict about pesticide testing.

M.

Apr 24th, '13, 09:15

by JRS22 » Apr 24th, '13, 09:15

For me the key to buying better tasting and safer chinese tea is purchasing from a seller that I trust. I prefer small vendors that have taken the time to visit the farms and get to know the farmers and tea masters. It's not a fool-proof method but its worked for me. My favorite American source of Chinese green tea is Seven Cups.

I've also learned here on Teachat to expect to see the harvest information posted on the seller's website.

Jun 30th, '13, 23:38

by asterix2k10 » Jun 30th, '13, 23:38

JRS22 wrote:For me the key to buying better tasting and safer chinese tea is purchasing from a seller that I trust. I prefer small vendors that have taken the time to visit the farms and get to know the farmers and tea masters. It's not a fool-proof method but its worked for me. My favorite American source of Chinese green tea is Seven Cups.

I've also learned here on Teachat to expect to see the harvest information posted on the seller's website.
Thanks for the recommendation.

Jul 4th, '13, 17:47

by asterix2k10 » Jul 4th, '13, 17:47

MEversbergII wrote:Lei ho! I cannot speak for that specific brand, but you may be interested in this: http://teaguardian.com/tea-health/tea-o ... XfPaKLUew0

I know I probably sound like a shill to some of the more regular people here, but I order most of my tea from TeaHong, wherein the people behind it are pretty strict about pesticide testing.

M.
Are you associated with this company? Anyone else here try TeaHong's teas?

+ Post Reply